Federation Commander Forum Index Federation Commander
A NEW fast paced board game of starship combat!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FOUR QUESTIONS FOR OUR CUSTOMERS
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Federation Commander Forum Index -> Federation Commander News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Repok
Ensign

PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2008 8:15 am    Post subject: Re: FOUR QUESTIONS FOR OUR CUSTOMERS Reply with quote

Disclaimer: I didn't read the 9 pages of replies before posting. Sorry fellas.

Steve Cole wrote:

1. What are we NOT doing that we SHOULD be doing?

I just received my copy of FC: Klingon Border, and I'm pleased overall. One thing: Is there any way to get the basic ship cards upgraded from statement size to 8.5x11? How much would this increase the games' overall cost?

Steve Cole wrote:
2. What ARE we doing that we should do DIFFERENTLY?

Perhaps some more fluidity of the history of the SFU. I consider myself a vet of SFB (I played my first game around 1987), and I'm constantly stumbling over new stuff in the forums about races I never heard of.

Steve Cole wrote:
3. What ARE we doing that we should NOT be doing?

I like miniatures games. I like SFB and FC. I don't think they should mix. I hope I don't take the flames for this one, but I like SFB and FC because they are in every way not Warhammer. Warhammer has nice sculpts and a decent background (and surprisingly good novels). But I don't look to them for well-playtested rules, accessible Game Designers or anything approaching logic in their systems. I know I don't have to buy the miniatures to play (and I won't)...I just don't want ADB to become a miniature company.

Steve Cole wrote:
4. What new concept or idea should ADB investigate to improve its operations?

Touching on the "game parts" theme above, check out the companies, like Gale Force 9, that are helping to make better game aids. (Updated Impulse cards for FC, plastic game pieces and expanded boards maybe).

Steve Cole
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2008 10:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The problem with 8.5x11 cards is that the minimum print run is about 2,000 and I don't think that 2,000 people would pay to have their D7 in a larger format.

You can do it yourself, more or less, with communique, a color printer, and Kinkos. Not sure, but I'd bet two or three bucks a card.
Starfury
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2008 11:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The nice thing about the size the cards are now is they don't take up too much space. The battleships definitely needed the bigger cards.
djdood
Commodore

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2008 1:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

To each their own. I can see why some folks would want the bigger cards, but I am definitely one of those who are happy that they are 5.5x8.5 . When you have the whole shebang, storing them is already something that takes some thought. That many full-size sheets scares me Wink
Commodore

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2008 3:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Will, I have 3 copies of "EVERY" SFB SSD for the current edition through R11. (in case I need to field a 3-ship squadron). Plain paper, SSD on the frone - EA on the back, it takes just over 38 3 ring binders to hold them all! Shocked

I can't imagine the room needed to store that many laminated sheets.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Federation Commander Forum Index -> Federation Commander News All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10
Page 10 of 10

Jump to: