Federation Commander Forum Index Federation Commander
A NEW fast paced board game of starship combat!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Showdown at Grimock

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Federation Commander Forum Index -> Rules Questions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pinecone
Fleet Captain

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2009 12:29 am    Post subject: Showdown at Grimock Reply with quote

I recently got briefing 2 and decided that a good scenario to use the ships in was the Showdown at Grimock. Now, while the Kzinitis are at a disadvantage there, I'll be playing agsinst my little bro, so it should be nearly even. But looking closer at the setup instructions, I saw a problem. It says to set up in a 3x2 Panel map with a large planet map (Grimock). Then, The Kziniti Force sets up 16 hexes in Direction A and the Klingons in direction D. It also notes that this is a fixed map. So how can you possibly fit the fleets in? One of them will have disengaged before the battle started.

Also, if using the briefing two ships you use the Z-CS, not CA, correct?
eblack
Lieutenant JG

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2009 2:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've found a number of scenerios which give a recommended map size and the starting positions are outside of the map . Most times they are location maps which can flot about a spot and we just extend a bit out. But on a fixed map... yeah I don't know what's up with that.

Just put them one hex off and first move they are in.
pinecone
Fleet Captain

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2009 2:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I could, but then one side would be closer than they should be.

I do have enough panels to make it a 3x3 map, And might try that if Mjwest (or someone else) doesn't answer by the time we play.
Scoutdad
Commodore

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2009 4:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We just keep track of where they are each impulse and place them on the board at the appropriate time.

It's safe to assume they are headed towards each other, or there wouldn't be any reason to even set up the scenario. Once all units are on the map... then follow the written rules for disengagement.

Yeah, it's a bit of a kludge... but it's an easy kludge and it solves a multitude of problems...
terryoc
Captain

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2009 10:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just change the directions so they do fit on the map. If direction D is off the map, then change the directions to B/C for the Kzintis and E/F for the Klingons.
pinecone
Fleet Captain

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2009 2:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks guys. I think I will try what terryoc said, just because it's the simplest answer, but thanks to everyone who reponded.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Federation Commander Forum Index -> Rules Questions All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: