Federation Commander Forum Index Federation Commander
A NEW fast paced board game of starship combat!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Grey Ink?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Federation Commander Forum Index -> Miniatures
View previous topic :: View next topic  
terryoc
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2007 3:12 am    Post subject: Grey Ink? Reply with quote

Does anyone know of a manufacturer of grey ink for washing Federation ships?

Or will I just have to add some surface tension breaker to thinned grey paint and use that?
Scoutdad
Commodore

PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2007 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Terry: I've not found grey ink, ever... not that it isn't made, just that I haven't found it.

I typically create a very light "wash" from a small amount of grey paint, distilled water, and a lot of patience.
BuShips
Ensign

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2007 8:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Terry, there actually is grey (or gray if you will) ink that you can find. You'll still need to thin it to be able to use as a wash, but if you can find either an art store or (where I found mine) at a local Ace Hardware store look for acrylic artists ink. There are many colors to pick from and one is called "cool grey" Wink .
wrongway klingon
Lieutenant JG

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 10:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

the better quality paint has finer ground particles and makes for a better wash.

I have just been experimenting with lining on Fed ships, after applying base coat of off-white I used a thin layer of varnish then lined with dilute warm grey, any that went outside the line was easily wiped off with a tissue with no staining of the off-white paint. Then drybush and highlight with white
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Federation Commander Forum Index -> Miniatures All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: