Federation Commander Forum Index Federation Commander
A NEW fast paced board game of starship combat!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Interest in starting a FCOL Campaign?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Federation Commander Forum Index -> FC & SFB Online!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sir_Krotar
Ensign

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2009 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here are the picks Pat sent. All ok.

Kzinti 2000
Gorn 2000
Rom 2000
Klingon 2000
Hydran 2000
Lyran 2000
Selt 2000
Thol 2000
Dread_Lord
Lieutenant SG

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2009 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

An excellent point about the fighters. Well, let me know what you think, but a Stinger is 10 points, so we could say that Stingers damaged but not destroyed during a battle are fully repaired for the next turn, but a Stinger that has been destroyed can be replaced by spending EPs up to a fraction of the cost of the fighter's BPV. Perhaps 50% (5 EPs per figher)?
pinecone
Fleet Captain

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2009 9:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When we send the fleet picks I assume we need the Name nd placement of ewach ship? Could you tell us the detail you need please?
Tugger
Lieutenant JG

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2009 1:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have the bpv for the following ships

Paladin 190
Overlord 180
Dragoon 148
Mongol 100
Knight 90
Cuirassier 61

Other ships that seem to be in FedCom for Hydrans are

Hunter
Lord Bishop
Mohawk
Thoroughbred

Can anyone provide the points for those ships?

Dread Lord, I think that 5 pts to replace fighters is great, I will be buying full fighter loads for all the ships, so there will be no cheese of buying empty ships, then filling them with cheap fighters.

I also noticed that I had bid a value not rounded to ten, I had missed that in the rules, should I round my point down?

Tugger
pinecone
Fleet Captain

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2009 1:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DL, think you could post the full campaign rules somewhere?
Dread_Lord
Lieutenant SG

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2009 12:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, here is the starting map. The numbers are a bit hard to read, but I will email out the .map file so that folks can view it in SFBOL Campaign mode. You will start with a StarBase in your home planet (the one that looks like earth) a Battle Station on the far planet, and one Base Station on each of the two side planets. You can upgrade those during fleet selection if you would like. I will work on the next draft of the rules, and hopefully get my fleet choices out before the end of the night.

Dread_Lord
Lieutenant SG

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2009 12:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

For fleet selection, I need the following info:

Name of the Ship
Ship Type
BPV
Starting Hex

Take a look at the Logistics portion of the rules and the convoy section. It might not be a bad idea to have some frieghters for those purposes (but it is up to you naturally)

You can find the BPV of all the FC ships here: http://www.starfleetgames.com/federation/Commanders%20Circle/documents/FC_MASTER_SHIP_CHART_3R.pdf

I will include command ratings for all the ships for the chosen empires in the next version of the rules (hopfully out tonight) to help you choose your fleets (no good having fleets without enough command points to field them)

Oh, and I wouldn't worry too much about fleet points that aren't rounded to 10, you will probably have a hard time hitting your max point total on the nose anyway.
Dread_Lord
Lieutenant SG

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2009 3:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sir_Krotar and I have been chatting about chosing the Orions, and we think it might be best for him to go with his fourth choice of Romulans due to some issues that might crop up using the Orions, so assuming there are no major arguments we'll go with that instead. So pinecone and Andromedan especially make note of that change as you make your fleets.

I didn't quite get the draft of the rules finished (there are a lot of ships to go through!) but I will try to get them up tomorrow night.
pinecone
Fleet Captain

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2009 9:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dread_Lord wrote:
Sir_Krotar and I have been chatting about chosing the Orions, and we think it might be best for him to go with his fourth choice of Romulans due to some issues that might crop up using the Orions, so assuming there are no major arguments we'll go with that instead. So pinecone and Andromedan especially make note of that change as you make your fleets.

I didn't quite get the draft of the rules finished (there are a lot of ships to go through!) but I will try to get them up tomorrow night.

Thank God, I was not looking forward to battle orions.

Then again, romulans aren't too much better...
Dread_Lord
Lieutenant SG

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2009 2:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, I've got the next draft of the rules, complete with the command points of the ships. I checked over the points and such, but if folks could take a look and make sure I caught all the typos, that would be cool. Also if anyone has a copy of the Campaign Designers Handbook, could they look over the command points. I am pretty sure at least some of them are a bit off, but I extrapolated from those values I did know. I will work on getting info for the non-player races for NPC fights, but I wanted to get the player ship info out ASAP.

I left out ships from Briefing #1, #2, Booster #91, Maulers, Battleships, and Carriers for non-Hydran races. If I missed a ship that someone really wants let me know.

One thing, I would suggest that we relax the FCP rules for the Seltorians, the one where you pay 1 additional FCP for having ships of the same hull. The reason I suggest this is that the Selts don't have many hulls to choose from.

Also I made some more changes to the rules, so I would look them over carefully (also to find mistakes or bad ideas of mine). Some of the highlights are:

* Removed production limits on ships and bases. I expect high casuality rates, and so don't want to limit production
* Changed the retreat rules
* Added rules for supporting fighters
* Added rules for cripples.

Um, that is the major stuff, but I might be missing a tidbit here and there.

http://home.comcast.net/~hillpe/fc/FC_Campaign.pdf
terryoc
Captain

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2009 3:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've got no problems with relaxing FCPs for the Selts, personally. Could make their cruisers a bit better - the best ship they have is the CA IMO - but their DNs & BCHs are pretty weak IMO, so it should balance out.
Tugger
Lieutenant JG

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2009 5:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"In order to initially control one of the neutral planets, a player must defeat the “national”
defense force of the planet. Each planet will have defense forces of a race not being used in
the campaign. The national forces defending the planets will grow over time and can be
determined as follows:
Turn
1-3 Up to 20 FCPs
4-5 Up to 25 FCPs
6-8 Up to 35 FCPs
9-10 Up to 45 FCPs
11+ Up to 50 FCPs
Note: these FCPs INCLUDE the flagship."

What exactly is a FCP?
Thanks

Edit, nm, found it later in the rules, thanks!

Tugger
Tugger
Lieutenant JG

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2009 7:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Questions

FCP for fighters?
If I have a fleet where carrying all the fighters currently on the ships puts me over my FCR, can I choose to leave some fighters behind?

Alliances, and Non-aggression pacts.
Are they allowed? Can we do trade with other players? Can fight together against a 3rd fleet? (I suggest that if you allow this, you might force them to pick ONE Flagship, and all ships for both allies must fit within its FCR, this will allow you to get the advange of diffrent techs, but prevent 2:1 odds in the fights)

Edit:
Maybe start with Sel getting 1st duplicate ship for free, 2nd cost 1 pt, 3rd cost 2...just an idea.

Tugger
Dread_Lord
Lieutenant SG

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2009 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would say that yes you could chose to leave fighters behind if it brings you above the FCR limit.

Alliances are a good thing (adds spice to the game after all). I was thinking about trading. On the one hand I was thinking about using freighters to move the EPs, but on the other hand I am afraid that is too slow and annoying. It might be best to allow players to move EP to other players for free.

As for two players fighting one, I would say that is fine with me, but as you suggest you would have to use 1 flagship, and the total of ships in the battle must be under the FCR limit of the flag ship.

As to the Selts, honestly they have so few hull in each class, I was just going to let them get all their dups for free.
Dread_Lord
Lieutenant SG

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2009 9:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, one other item as you pick your fleets. I am pretty handy with computers (it is most of how I make my living) so I will volunteer to help get any ships (that I am legally allowed to) into the FCOL library that folks need, especially for upcoming battles.

That being said I am a busy man, so I couldn't say that I could get all the ships up in a day (or even a week) but as time allows I will help get them posted.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Federation Commander Forum Index -> FC & SFB Online! All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 4 of 7

Jump to: