Federation Commander Forum Index Federation Commander
A NEW fast paced board game of starship combat!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The Klingon Armada is here!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Federation Commander Forum Index -> Starmada and Klingon Armada
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Requete
Lieutenant JG

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2009 12:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Earlier today I got to play a big game of Klingon Armada. It was a two player game... as the Klingons I was assaulting a Federation Battle Station at the start of the Klingon invasion.

I commanded a strike force of 10 ships led by the IKV Kahless the Unforgettable, a C8. My opponent commanded a task force of 6 ships led by the USS Endeavor, a CC; he also had the Battle Station.

We were able to play this mammoth battle in 2.5-3 hours.

I outfoxed him a bit and was able to wipe him out. He got a commendable score (we were letting the Fed score the Klin ships if they did > half their hull damage, because the idea is that the Fed wants to blunt the tip of the spear) but I didn't actually lose any ships.

A high point was rolling for the 78 drones that converged on the Battle Station (19 actually penetrated and did damage, basically gutting it). Oh, and the fact that I got to play the largest SFU game of my life thus far in 3 hours or less.

I still love FedCom for squadron actions, but Klingon Armada is truly a fine choice if you're interested in having each player run 5-10 ships, and getting done before dinner.

----

Pray the Chaplet of Divine Mercy:
http://www.catholicity.com/prayer/divinemercy.html
thebart
Lieutenant JG

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2009 7:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, sounds like an awesome game. 78 Drones! Shocked

But getting a game done in that amount with that many ships is brilliant, now all i need is to get enough money for ships and that book. Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Federation Commander Forum Index -> Starmada and Klingon Armada All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: