Federation Commander Forum Index Federation Commander
A NEW fast paced board game of starship combat!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Decal supplier
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Federation Commander Forum Index -> Miniatures
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Nerroth
Fleet Captain

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2009 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Two questions:

*Do you plan to do a second Lyran transfer sheet, which could include more of their emblems (such as for the Fire Squadron, more counties, and so on) and those of the LDR?

*If an official design configuration is ever settled upon for Federal Republic of Aurora ships, would there be potential scope for doing FRA transfers, to go on those Federation/Orion/Klingon/Lyran/etc minis which can represent ships in Auroran space?
djdood
Commodore

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2009 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bob -

I (personally) am not really in the market for color laser-printed decals, as I have facilities to do those myself (and have). However, I have been waiting for someone like yourself to get into the ALPS-printing biz.

Once you are up and running, expect quite a bit of business from me for ALPS printing of my sheets (if you are still willing to take and print outside art). I would not be intimidated by paying a considerable sum for a custom-printed 8.5x11-inch sheet (especially if you end up being able to do the metallic ALPS "inks").

Thanks!
Lieutenant JG

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2009 6:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll be interested in the Lyran Fire Squadron as well,Bob.

Oh-how about fighter markings for F-18 miniatures,based on real US Navy Squadrons?

Good luck with the ALPS. Smile It seems you are growing at a good pace.
Scoutdad
Commodore

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2009 6:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bob:
I have to agree with Will on this.
I have done my own laser-printed decals on clear paper for use of white minis...
and have done some laser-printed ones on white paper (as long as the image is regular and easy to cut out w/o trim lines)..

But if you ge an ALPS printer and are willing to simply print-out the artweork submitted by other persons (for a relatively reasonable cost - considering that you are saving me the cost of an ALPS printer)... I will definitely avail myself of your services.
hobbybob
Lieutenant JG

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2009 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi all!

Let’s see if I can answer as many questions as I can…

Nerroth:
Question 1:
I expect to do more Lyrans and Kzinti in the near future, fire squadron included. I’ve been doing lots of Feds simply because they are more ship-specific than the other empires. If it’s out there, I can do it for you. (If it’s an “official” design that’s not on ADB’s web site, I might need someone to supply it to me.)

Are the sizes I’ve used for the Cat’s empires appropriate? I don’t have a complete set of these minis; I stopped collecting them a while ago. I’m picking them up here and there, but I no longer have a representative sample. If a different size range is required, I can work with that.

The current “On Deck Circle” includes the following (not in any particular order):

Hydran lettering (designed to be applied on a light-colored band)
Additional Kzintis
Additional Lyrans
Fed starbase, tactical bases, and mobile bases
Re-designing the oCL strip to match the upcoming mini
Additional Fed Frigates and Destroyers
Merchant ships/tramps
Additional ISC insignia (I’ve got tons waiting in the wings)

When the ALPS is online, I’ll do Andros and Orions
I’m thinking of withdrawing the Gorn lettering. The quality just isn’t here. I’ll re-issue it in ALPs later on.

Question 2:
I have no problem producing decals for the Federal Republic of Aurora, or any other new empire introduced to the game. In an ideal case, the design would actually be finalized, so I wouldn’t have to have multiple insignia for the same empire (like the Seltorians, which have three similar color schemes on my decal strip). Actually, I go so far as saying that any official insignia would not be considered a “special order.” If there’s something out there that is published and you’d like to se it on your minis, let me know. Pretty soon it’ll show up as a product at my regular price.

Djdood and Scoutdad:
I’ll be pleased to take on special projects. I’ll be using silver and gold metallic inks for my railroad work (if they look right… I may just have to do yellow-gold and gray). We’ll have plenty of time to work out best practices for handling graphic files.

Maxtype:
My finger is already poised over the “Add to Cart” buttons for several of the fighter minis. I’m particularly waiting for the shuttles… 15 years ago I made about a zillion crude shuttles out of Femo. I’m really, really looking forward to the real thing. Look for shuttle and fighter decals soon after the minis are released.

Thanks!
Bob
djdood
Commodore

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2009 8:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hobbybob wrote:

Re-designing the oCL strip to match the upcoming mini

I think that's a typo, but I thought I had better double check.

The existing Starline 2400 Federation Light Cruiser miniature (stock# 0205) (commonly referred to as the "Old Light Cruiser" or "oCL") is not changing or being replaced. This mini is based on the old Starline 2200 (lead, 4-piece) mini, but has corrected/larger engines and is molded as one-piece.

The new mini I am mastering is the Federation Old Heavy Cruiser (oCA), which was published for FedCom and SFB in Captains Log last year (CapLog 38, I think). The Great (conquerors)-class oCA are a "stretched" version of the Texas/Carolina/Province-class oCL, with additional power and weapons. Only two were built, as a "backup plan" for the Constitution-class we all know and love (in case they didn't work; obviously they did).

Note that some folks refer to the older "saucer" type Heavy Cruisers (Constellation, Republic, etc.; "Conversions of previous classes" on the Starship Registry) that were refitted to match the Constitution-class CA's as "Old Heavy Cruisers". This is going to cause confusion, going forward.

They are indeed "Old Heavy Cruisers", but the specific product-name Old Heavy Cruiser means something different in ADB's line of products (ship SSD's, ship cards, and miniatures). For miniatures (and thus decals) those old ships are just Heavy Cruisers.

Last edited by djdood on Sat Oct 17, 2009 12:43 am; edited 3 times in total
hobbybob
Lieutenant JG

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2009 8:45 pm    Post subject: Oops Reply with quote

Yes, I meant oCA (the stretched oCL), not oCL. Embarassed My current oCA strip has correct names and numbers for oCAs, but the size and shape are wrong. That's what'll be redesigned.

Thanks!
Bob
djdood
Commodore

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2009 8:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excellent. I figured you had it right, but it's always good to double-check.
Fleet Captain

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2009 12:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If the OCA turns out to be a good stand-in for one of the larger FRA cruisers, too (I'd think of the CLA, but that's just my view so far), then it could be a further addition to the potential range of would-be Auroran decal-ees.

Thanks for the Fire Squadron heads-up - though I can't say how the current Lyran decals work, since I only have 1 Lyran mini at present (a Cave Lion) and no transfers for it...
Wolverin61
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2009 2:48 am    Post subject: Re: Another new product release Reply with quote

hobbybob wrote:
I've also added a list of the names and numbers of all Federation ships currently offered. This list is available at http://www.pomroyproductions.com/index.php?p=1_25_Federation-Ship-Names.

Thanks for posting the list of names, some of the photos are hard to read.
Cosmotiger
Ensign

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2009 12:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another suggestion: Portholes/ windows. Once you have an ALPS it would be possible to do both lit and unlit. I've painted them on some of my models, and it helps give a sense of scale.

Decal versions would have the advantage of being more tidy than painted dots. They could also be in a variety of shapes: circle, rectangle, oval, etc.
hobbybob
Lieutenant JG

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2009 12:44 am    Post subject: Porthole/window decals Reply with quote

That's a great idea! Very Happy Tricky, maybe, but cool! My Fed passenger and armed containers have windows; I'm testing ways to improve them. The Feds, Romulans, Klingons, and Kzint in particular would benefit from windows.

Bob
OGOPTIMUS
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2009 3:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When it comes to windows, you could just made a generic block of "colored" ones in yellow or white. Then you could spend some more time on some specifics for certain ships (Fed CA, or Klingons in general). I'm totally fine with cutting out patterns myself from it and put it on my ships. I'm in the process of making my own decals and really missing the fact that I can't get good windows for all my ships.

Newest Page | Newer Page | OLD Page
Cosmotiger
Ensign

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2009 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OGOPTIMUS wrote:
When it comes to windows, you could just made a generic block of "colored" ones in yellow or white.

Yes, that was what I was envisioning, as well. Strips or small groups that were not specific to any class of ships.
hobbybob
Lieutenant JG

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2009 4:27 pm    Post subject: Two things Reply with quote

Hi folks!
Couple of things:

First:
I just put in my order for shuttles and Fed fighters, so you can expect a strip of fighter/shuttle decals soon after they arrive. I hate to parade my ignorance here, but are there specific fighter squadrons already established in the game? If so, sould someone post them for me? Otherwise, I can use existing USN squadrons as a starting point. Boy, I'm pumped for this one! Very Happy

Second, It would be very easy for me to put together some generic yellow window strips as samples. At his point, they may only work well for Feds and Romulans, but it time... Would anyone be willing to act as a guinea pig if I sent them a free strip? Send me a PM and we can work out the details.

Hey, I just remembered: On my Federation "Special (optional)" sheet, I have a set of blue "rec room" or "gallery" windows (as seen on the refitted Enterprise and Enterprise-A in the movies). They're also included on my Starliner Pod decals. I haven't put a sample of them applied to a ship on my web page yet, but I will soon.

Thanks!
Bob
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Federation Commander Forum Index -> Miniatures All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 4 of 9

Jump to: