Federation Commander Forum Index Federation Commander
A NEW fast paced board game of starship combat!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Older castings of the miniatures
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Federation Commander Forum Index -> Miniatures
View previous topic :: View next topic  
philgore
Ensign

PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2009 8:33 am    Post subject: Older castings of the miniatures Reply with quote

Would it be possible to get castings of the older 2200 minis from ADB?

I'm keen to get a half dozen or more of the original Fed Light Cruisers and Gorn ships. The newer models are OK, but the warp engines mounted on the hull just don't work for me. Forgive me, but I'm a noob and love the detail of the older models that I've managed to scrounge up.

Just wondering.
terryoc
Captain

PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2009 12:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

From ADB? I'd say almost certainly no. I'm pretty sure they don't have any left, and the probability of new ones being made is almost certainly nil. Unless you're willing to write a check for a few grand for the things to be made Smile

Your best bet would be eBay or other players who would be willing to sell/swap you some of the older ones. Or kitbash your own.
SWO_Daddy
Lieutenant SG

PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2009 1:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Old Gorn DNs are still available on the cart:
http://store.starfleetstore.com/merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=S&Product_Code=0609-1&Category_Code=GM

Once upon a time, ADB made the old multi-piece Gorns available, but my impression was that was a one time thing. I think the old DNs are all that's left from that little experiment. The only other 2200-series ship that is clearly a "throwback" is the Fed CVO:
http://store.starfleetstore.com/merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=S&Product_Code=0299&Category_Code=FM

I too prefer the old multi-piece OCL, but SVC and company have been pretty adament that they didn't intend to go back to multi-piece items if it all possible. I'm also not sure there is enough demand out there for ADB to maintain two different minis for the same ship.
philgore
Ensign

PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2009 2:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the quick reply guys!

I saw the repro of the Gorn DN and that was what got me looking into the older kits. Ebay and trading forums have been kind to me, so I've acquired quite a few 2200 models, but the OCL kits are frustratingly rare so far. If the original molds are still around, I'd pay a premium for a few spins of OCL's and several other such models.

Perhaps there is a market out there for higher cost limited production runs of the more detailed kits? Based on the competition I've had getting 2200 kits, it is doubtful I'm the only one out there looking for such things.

Last edited by philgore on Fri Jan 01, 2010 4:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
Steve Cole
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2009 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, here's the thing...

1. The old molds might or might not still exist. If not, there is no practical way for the ships to be recreated. It would cost hundreds of dollars and a lot of my time, and I have no time.

2. Let's assume that the molds still exist. (You might assume that the data below applies to any of the old ships.)

A: First, you have to get Mike Sparks (the customer service guy who also runs the warehouse) to find them, if they exist. (Let's assume that you ask him next week when it's not a howling blizzard out there.) His email is Support@StarFleetGames.com and just maybe he'd be willing to go look for them. Let's assume that this takes $20 worth of employee time. Mike probably won't go look for them without Leanna signing off on the time-cost. If you offer to pay Leanna (Sales@StarFleetGames.com) for the time cost (and remember that you might pay for Mike's time only to get a report that he has determined that the molds no longer exist).

B. He'd have to ship them to Bruce. Cost of shipping might be $15 or so. I'm not really sure. Leanna would have to approve the cost.

C. Now, let's assume that the old molds "still work" to some extent. Bruce spins a few and sends them back.

D. Leanna then has to assign a special code number for them and she has to mess with the computer to make it sell them. Hey, if she went along with A and B, it's a sure thing.

So, it could happen. One trick to this is you pretty much have to make it happen without involving me, since (due to the massive number of things on my "to do" list) I'll either never get a chance to do it or I'll get halfway through it, get interrupted, find the molds laying on my back table in my office a year from now and ask Mike why they're there. (Just the reality of dealing with the onset of alzheimers.)

Ok, I'm trying to be funny, but if you want it to happen, talk to Leanna and see if she'll agree to let Mike hunt for them.
bluebirds38
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2009 10:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

philgore, ebay is your best bet, i recently won on ebay old gorn heavy cruiser, old gorn light cruiser, two gorn heavy cruiser from starfleet elite, which i use as fast patrol ships, i also have a lot of old 2200 ships, i like the detail, i also just won an old 2200 klingon c-8 and four d-7 four piece, that works out, i'm going to use them to kit bash a b-8 and fast d-7.
philgore
Ensign

PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2010 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Steve. I understand the difficulty of what I'm asking and appreciate your excellent reply. Leanna will be hearing from me shortly.
Dan Ibekwe
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2010 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd be interested in this, too; particularly in any early multi-part Kznti ships, Fed oCLs or klingon D-7s (just the main hull, really, as I've got a stack of spare booms and engines).

Drop me a PM if you want a contribution to the search cost.
SWO_Daddy
Lieutenant SG

PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2010 8:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Top of my list would be the Fed OCL, with multi-piece Klingon D7s as a second place.

More of the old Gorns would be great to see, but I personally have plenty, so no sales there for me. Multi-peice Kzintis would only be of interest as kitbash starters...that is one place I definately prefer the newer 1-2 piece minis.
djdood
Commodore

PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2010 8:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There was a previous effort spearheaded by scoutdad (Tony Thomas) to get some people together to pre-pay and fund a new short-run of 4-piece Klingons D-7's, but it never got off the ground. If that comes to pass, I'd still be interested.
Commodore

PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2010 9:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

djdood wrote:
There was a previous effort spearheaded by scoutdad (Tony Thomas) to get some people together to pre-pay and fund a new short-run of 4-piece Klingons D-7's, but it never got off the ground. If that comes to pass, I'd still be interested.

Will, email inbound...
OGOPTIMUS
Captain

PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2010 1:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would like to see the old 4 piece D7s. And I'd be interested in buying too.

Newest Page | Newer Page | OLD Page
Scoutdad
Commodore

PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2010 4:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have contacted Leanna about the old D7 molds. She is going to have Mike check to see if the mold exists and then let me know if casting of these is possible.

If anyone reading this is interested in some new, "old" D7's - please let me know either via PM or Email (to prevent clogging this forum). Once Leanna lets me know if it's even possible, I'll let her know how many of us are interested and the approximate number of D7s we're interested in nad then pass along any info she imparts to me.

Tony
Steve Cole
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2010 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If Leanna is willing to send Mike looking for the D7s, it would take no more work for him to find both D7s and OCLs.
philgore
Ensign

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2010 4:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Has the warehouse warmed up enough for Mike to go look for the molds?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Federation Commander Forum Index -> Miniatures All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: