Federation Commander Forum Index Federation Commander
A NEW fast paced board game of starship combat!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Fed GSC vs Fed NCA- Story Battle report

View previous topic :: View next topic  
thebart
Lieutenant JG

PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2009 10:24 pm    Post subject: Fed GSC vs Fed NCA- Story Battle report Reply with quote

Me and my friend decided to do a Fed versus Fed scenario where one mutinied (he had a New Heavy Cruiser) and I wanted to destroy him with a Galactic Survey Cruiser but failed. But wow it was fun.

I know this is much of a battle report but its more of story than anything I had alot of time spare.

GSC 1815, USS Exploratory (8th Fleet)
Captains Log: 2569.23.10 extract

The NCA 1671, USS Revenant mutinied at the Romulan Border yesterday, we were on a course to intercept when a ‘blimp’ came up from the sensor array, this was it, and we had found her. Negotiating out of warp the mighty vessel came up on sensors about 190,000km away from our front, waiting for us, engines off and waiting. Closing in at tactical warp we viewed a spectacular failure, the USS Revenant fired all forward phasers at our front shields, it failed with numerous beams of light flashing past us with a minute amount actually hitting the shields but hitting the shields down to 80% nonetheless.
Photons were loading while we flashed forwards at Warp 2, readying our phaser batteries for deadly close ranged bursts to disable the Revenant, we knew the difficulties in doing so as she had her photons almost ready for firing. Nearing to around 50,000km away the USS Revenant fired its prow proton torpedoes in which two out of the four hit the already weakly damaged shields, ripping apart the shield to about 15% remaining. It was time to return fire, all phasers on maximum and fired blasting at the Revenant’s front shields and leaving him with almost nil shields remaining.
With both ships at low front shields it was time to close the barrier and outflank her, closing against her at Warp 3 we exchanged fire at 10,000km hitting vital systems on both ships leaving only our phaser-1s and one photon launcher to fire, and her with crippled warp drives and nacelles. The Revenant had enough energy from the secondary reactor to fire more phasers at our front shield which fell and destroyed one of the inactive sensors and photon weapons.
By now both of our ships were crippled and severely compromised with the Exploratory following her tail, ready to destroy her when we gain our power back, but that was too late for us.
After taking damage from the Exploratory we engaged the Revenant once more with probe launchers, annihilating the secondary and primary hull sections, big mistake being within 10,000km allowed the phasers of the Revenant to rip apart some of the remaining hull fragments of this ship forcing us to retire too early in the battle, we request support and possibly more phaser to use.

And so my Ship lost for another game... but using the sensors was fun to stop him hitting me Smile

In the battle report my ship was utterly destroyed but for the story I wanted her to survive as the story didn't look any good with a mutineer ship in the Captain's log.
djdood
Commodore

PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2009 11:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds like a fun session. The NCA is a nasty customer.
Lieutenant JG

PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2009 11:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah i'm going to get more notes next time so the battle reports will be like a story, the session we have are extremely fun but one day i will win Smile
OGOPTIMUS
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2009 12:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice report.

Sounds like a VERY tough fight since the NCA has more phasers and better arcs than the GSC, not to mention the photons.

I like the narrative style too.

Newest Page | Newer Page | OLD Page
Wolverin61
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2009 12:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds like a great game! How'd you like using the Sensor rules?
thebart
Lieutenant JG

PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2009 10:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I loved them, they caused so much annoyance to my friend due to the fact that his drones and phaser failed to hit half the time, and he rolls really high anyway so his shots just kept missing, but he still won though Smile. I'l be using one GSC in my fleet when i finally decide what to stick in it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Federation Commander Forum Index -> Tactics All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: