Federation Commander Forum Index Federation Commander
A NEW fast paced board game of starship combat!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Quick noob question...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Federation Commander Forum Index -> Miniatures
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Howlinggriffon
Ensign

PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2009 3:04 pm    Post subject: Quick noob question... Reply with quote

I've just bought the Klingon Border box and I'm obviously keen to start getting some of the miniatures to go along with it.

Now, from what I can tell, the Klingon Border box has three Squadon boxes that allows me to have minis for all the ships in the box. There also seems to be three booster sets containing extra cards - and there's one Border box that contains minis for all the ships in those three boosters?

Is it just me or does that seem a bit daft? One main game set and I have to buy three separate mini sets to get all the ships - but three separate boosters have all the ships in one box? It would make more sense to have a box containing all the ships for the main box set and a set for each of the boosters, surely?
Steve Cole
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2009 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That wasn't what the stores wanted. We discussed it with them extensively, and they wanted it this way.

Their reasoning seemed to be:

1. Either way works fine for the customers, same dollars (actually, fewer this way), same ships. Due to the way packaging works, the "three boxes that match the three boosters" would each have eight ships instead of five, and would be more expensive. The "big box" with 16 ships instead of 24 would not cost much less, but would have 2/3 as many ships.

2. Easier for them to sell this way. You and a buddy buy Klingon Border, and you each only need to shell out $35 for the ships YOU want (you want Feds, he wants Klingons). You each shell out $10 for the extra cards (you want Feds, he wants Klingons).

Done the other way, the three $35 boxes would be over $50 (too much, the retailers said, for each of a three-box set) and the big box would be about $80.
Howlinggriffon
Ensign

PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2009 4:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gotcha - that makes sense. Thanks very much for the response.

I suspect I will buy all of them anyway Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Federation Commander Forum Index -> Miniatures All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: