Federation Commander Forum Index Federation Commander
A NEW fast paced board game of starship combat!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Commander's Choice Turn 1
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Federation Commander Forum Index -> FC & SFB Online!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
terryoc
Captain

PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2009 6:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

@tugger: email me terry dot ocarroll at gmail dot com, and we can arrange a time to do the battle. My time zone is GMT +10.
pinecone
Fleet Captain

PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2009 12:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd like to watch, or play the planetary defenses if they were needed Smile
Tugger
Lieutenant JG

PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2009 4:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Happy to have you watch, Pinecone, but would be best if we had a player who was not my ally to play the Neutral defence forces...

I will be in touch shortly, terryoc.

Dread, can you post a map? I am having trouble making the campaign map load. Thanks!

Tugger
Dread_Lord
Lieutenant SG

PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2009 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey, sorry I haven't been more responsive for the last few weeks. I've been working a lot a lot.

Let's see in order:
-----
Yeah, I agree that allowing the fighters to not be left behind feels a bit artificial, but I guess we can assume that they are left in storage in the ship, and not put on the launch pads. SFB does have provisions for that sort of thing.
-----
I will get a map up here as soon as I get a chance. Too much work.... If someone else would like to make the map, that would be fine with me. What you do is export the map as a svg (an image format) from the menu, and then mark it up with a paint program to show where the ships are. If no one feels up to doing so, I will get it up just as soon as I get a chance.
-----
This issue does highlight two seperate issues. First what happens when there is a three way fight. My preference would be to have just that, unless both fleets agree to fight outside system.

The second possible weird situation is what happens if two opposing fleets are adjancent, and then both fleets move in an impulse into the other fleets hex. My preference would be for me to roll off and the fleets fight in the hex that is randomly choosen.
-------
pinecone, I would suggest that you not fight as the neutral as you have a non-aggression pact with one of the fleets, which makes you hardly neutral. Honestly the best situation of all would be to find some captain not involved in the campaign at all for the neutral fights, but failing that I believe we can trust each other to be honest as neutrals. The neutrals goal is simply to get the hostile fleet out of their system and nothing else. Enemy casualties don't matter to the neutrals as long as the bad men leave.
Yeah, Tugger is right about losing the EPs for next turn. It highlights the importaince of using Conditional Orders to intercept ships if you don't want to fight them in system.
-----
pinecone
Fleet Captain

PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2009 9:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's fine, I understand. I do have a question though. In a three way battle, could one side ally with the neutrals in exchange for not invading their planet later on?
Dread_Lord
Lieutenant SG

PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2009 3:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I think that the neutrals are too crafty and know not to trust us rapcious Greater Powers. The neutrals will want to get both powers out of their system and use the "best" stratagy to accomplish that, but that doesn't mean trusting either of them.
Dread_Lord
Lieutenant SG

PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2009 11:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dread_Lord
Lieutenant SG

PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2009 11:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hurray! A day that I am not working 12+ hours!

Ok, I have the turn 1 map up, let me know if there are any mistakes.

I'm not going to put a deadline on the battles yet, it being the holidays and all, but get them in so we can keep going!

A rather bloody turn! I will work on updating the rules with some of the tid bits that have been left dangling on the forum here tonight. See how far I get....
Tugger
Lieutenant JG

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2009 8:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can you post the defending neutral ships at the planets that we are at, so we can start dealing with those battles?

Tugger
Dread_Lord
Lieutenant SG

PostPosted: Sat Dec 19, 2009 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sure, basically this turn the neutrals have 20 FCP (flag ship counts for this total, ie only count FCP of the ships). Choose any race that isn't involved in the battle (I don't even care if it is a race that shows up in the map, just don't choose your own) except I would avoid Orion and Tholian. Here is the cost breakdown:

Cruiser 10
Light Cruiser 8
Destroyer 7
Frigate 5

Don't choose any weird hulls, just go for the basic hulls. And remember that the neutrals just want the enemy out of their system, and try not to fly as if there is no future. I'm not tracking losses for the neutrals, but play as if I were. Basically I am using a DBAD rule here - don't be a dork (not what it really stand for, but you get the idea)
pinecone
Fleet Captain

PostPosted: Sun Dec 20, 2009 4:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Uh... why haven't my freighters started moving?
Dread_Lord
Lieutenant SG

PostPosted: Sun Dec 20, 2009 8:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Because I made a mistake. I'll try to fix it tomorrow. I really need to get out the spreadsheet to make it easier for me to correlated the moves. Sorry about that.
pinecone
Fleet Captain

PostPosted: Sun Dec 20, 2009 3:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

no prob Wink

Also I'm wondering, is that frigate I built finished yet? I didn't figure if I still had enough after the freighters so I'm not sure...

It's name is the USS Paraguay.
pinecone
Fleet Captain

PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2009 9:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey, just wondering, is there any possibility of Neutral ships being Frax or Vudar?
terryoc
Captain

PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2009 9:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think Frax or Vudar are in the client yet.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Federation Commander Forum Index -> FC & SFB Online! All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: