Federation Commander Forum Index Federation Commander
A NEW fast paced board game of starship combat!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Painting Lyran Ships

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Federation Commander Forum Index -> Miniatures
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Scoutdad
Commodore

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2010 10:25 pm    Post subject: Painting Lyran Ships Reply with quote

Last year, I wrote an article explaining my methods for painting Lyran ships with tiger-strips (and other cat-like patterns). SVC had this article uploaded to the website today.
It can be found Here!

So now everyone can paint like Scoutdad! Cool
djdood
Commodore

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2010 12:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You tuned it up a bit more since I saw it last. Nicely done.

That should really be helpful for folks.

I'm going to have an interesting time when it comes time to paint my Lyrans, since I basecoat in enamels. I'll be trying to get a look similar to yours, but I'll be using my dual-action airbrush to try and get it.
Commodore

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2010 1:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I changes a bit from the original draft that was proofed by a couple of 'all, but Steve really "punched" it up. He has a tremendous grasp of the English language and how to grab someones attention and hold it with the written word.

I've "experimented" with using my good airbrush to duplicate the blendign effects, but have not yet been pleased with the results - so everything has been "dipped".
I'm used to airbrushing cars and 1:24 scale models and even a few 1:48 aircraft, but the intracasies of the 1:3788 stuff has so far eluded me. I have a Badger 150 brush. It came with the large needle (for airbrushing my Camaro)... I purchased the medium needle (for doing models). I think that's my problem. Even with the medium needle, the finest crisp line I can achieve takes up a HUGE percentage of the relative space available on a mini. I need to order a fine needle for it and see if that helps... or convince ScoutWife that I need a second good airbrush with a fine needle already in it! Rolling Eyes
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Federation Commander Forum Index -> Miniatures All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: