Federation Commander Forum Index Federation Commander
A NEW fast paced board game of starship combat!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Weird dealer meeting- Fixing the FLGS

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Federation Commander Forum Index -> Local Groups & Retailers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ericphillips
Commander

Location: Los Angeles, CA, USA, Sol, Gould Belt, Orion Arm, Milky Way Galaxy, Local Group, Universe Beta

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2010 6:40 am    Post subject: Weird dealer meeting- Fixing the FLGS Reply with quote

So I am at this weekly games get together. People are playing Battletech, Warhammer 40k, D&D 3.5 and D&D 4.0, and I have FedCom on the table, getting people interested.

So this guy comes over and wants to know what we are playing. I tell him, he writes the name down. Another guy says to him, "you sell this at your store." Turns out he owns this game store that has been around for 20+ years. I turn to him and tell him, "You know, I bought this game at your store." (For discretions sake, I am not going to mention the store). He said he never heard of it, but had heard of SFB, and that FC looked real pro in comparison with the color cards and all.

So I went over to his store and looked around. The stock is older (nothing after Klingon Attack), bt a good range of new minis, though they are very low on boosters, and they are dated as well. Worse, they put some other product in front of it, blocking it completely. You literally had to move two large boxes of minis to even see the FC items.

I mentioned I play the game to one of the employees, and together we fixed the shelf. Now you can see the game. Neat thing is they have a box full of older SFB minis they just found in the back and they are out.

Anyway, I am going to see the owner again next Monday and I will mention about getting some new product in as I am trying to get interest up, let him see it is in everyone's interest.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Federation Commander Forum Index -> Local Groups & Retailers All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: