Federation Commander Forum Index Federation Commander
A NEW fast paced board game of starship combat!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

SFB tourney rules

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Federation Commander Forum Index -> Star Fleet Battles
View previous topic :: View next topic  
David
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2010 4:37 pm    Post subject: SFB tourney rules Reply with quote

I have a couple of questions about the tourney rules as presented in CL#6 (and assuming they're still in effect). Forgive me if the answer is staring me in the face, but a couple of things have me scratching my head.

1. In regards to drones, the racks are type B with 6 drones each, no reloads, fire once-per-turn. The Kzinti (and Klingons) have one SP (I'm assuming that is loaded and ready to go at the beginning of the game). The rules state that a SP can be unloaded to the racks, but the racks cannot be unloaded to make a SP. No problem with any of this. The question comes from this, 'A ship may use one shuttle per round as an SP'. If the racks have no reloads, and it starts with only one SP, where do the drones come from to make additional SP's?

2. The SSD of the Kzinti states it can control drones equal to its sensor rating which is 6 at the start. Yet in reading various tourney reports in CL I see where a Kzinti player has a wave of 10 (6 from SP and 4 from racks). Did this get changed to double the sensor rating?

Many thanks.
mjwest
Commodore

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2010 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CL#6 is really, really old. A lot has changed (multiple times in some cases) since then.

The first location for tournament information is the SFB Tournament page. Also, legacy BBS has an extensive Tournament Zone.

In addition, you can buy the official Tournament Rules. However, there is probably some errata for it.

Federation Commander Answer Guy
David
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2010 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That clears up the number of drones the ship can control, I saw the updated SSD for the Kzinti and it is able to control double the sensor rating.

In regards to the # of SP's, maybe the Kzinti/Klingons only get one SP for the entire game?
David
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2010 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think I understand my confusion on the SP issue; I see where it says 'a ship may use one shuttle per ROUND as an SP'. I originally took that as one per 'turn' in a game, rather than one per 'round' as in separate games at a tourney. At least that is how I see it i.e. they get one SP and only one SP during the course of a single game.

And thank you for the links above. Smile
David
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2010 1:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was re-reading the tourney battle in CL # 9 by Fleet Captain Sandy Hemenway who won in 1988, he mentioned the error in CL #6 in regards to the drone rating of the Kzinti ship being only equal to the sensor rating. It had been corrected by the time of that tourney to double the sensor rating.

And I see he only had the one SP, as did the other Kzinti players so that clears it all up.

Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Federation Commander Forum Index -> Star Fleet Battles All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: