Federation Commander Forum Index Federation Commander
A NEW fast paced board game of starship combat!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Silkscreened Federation Decals Coming soon from Starfighter

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Federation Commander Forum Index -> Miniatures
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Starfighter Decals
Lieutenant JG

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2009 2:45 pm    Post subject: Silkscreened Federation Decals Coming soon from Starfighter Reply with quote

In about 3-4 months I will be issuing a decal sheet specifically for Star Trek Themed Gaming Miniatures. These decals will be printed by the same company that I use for my Military Aircraft decals, Cartograf. For those familar not with Cartograf, they are the leading supplier of silkscreened decals to the Plastic Modeling market to companies like Tamiya, Hasegawa, Dragon, and Revell of Germany.

The first set will cover all of the various Federation Hulls offered for sale from ADB and Gamescience (also sold by ADB). Several sets of Engine Banners in different sizes to fit the various classes (FF, DW, NCL, CA, and DN), Phaser mounts, Photon Torpedo Tubes, Drone Racks, Secondary Hull Banners, Windows, Sensor and Scanners (yes return of the gold scanner rings), Hatches, Grills, and the "Combat Circles" (Leader Bands or whatever is the latest defination is). Lettering and numbers will be included in various sizes in 2 different fonts I use. A seperate sheet will be available by class of Names and Hull Numbers for those who don't want to piece together ones from the sheet. A sheet will have enough markings to do at least one ship from each hull class, and maybe 2 CA hull types (if there is enough room)

Sheets will run somewhere between $7 to $10. Class Name Sheets will be $3 (BB, CVA/SCS, TUG) to $10 (DD, CA/CC/CB, FF/FFB)

The sheet should be available sometime in Janurary 2010 (I hope).

If this sheet sells, I'll do another one that will cover the other major races: Klingons, Romulans, Kzinti, and Hydrans.

As for the rest of the line, It is going to stay static until December. Then the Fed Decals will come down and the Listing for the Silkscreened decals will be posted as Coming soon.

For those not familar with what is ment by "Silkscreen Decals". There are decals printed in the traditional way: each decal will have it's own carrier film so you don't have to trim each one like the ones I print now. The colors will be more vibrant and will have white underlays to keep the colors true. The dithering that is obvious in certain colors will now be eliminated. No more "fuzzy" lines. like the laser printed stuff.

If you have any questions, contact me thru the web store at www.starfighter-decals.com
SWO_Daddy
Lieutenant SG

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2009 8:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excellent news Mark.

You mentioned ship name sheets. Any idea how many name sets will be available on each sheet?
Starfighter Decals
Lieutenant JG

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2009 12:24 am    Post subject: Names of Ship Sheets Reply with quote

All of the ones I have knowledge of.
Starfighter Decals
Lieutenant JG

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2009 3:33 pm    Post subject: New Decal Update Reply with quote

The Artwork and layout is finished for the Silkscreened Federation Decals. I'll post what it looks like when those who are profing it for errors and omissions get back to me. Once the other companion artwork is finished ( aircraft decal artwork) it will be sent to be printed.

The sheet will include a compete numbered color painting and application guide.

Cost of the sheet will be $10. 2 sheets are included. There are enough markings to to at least 1 each of the following Hull Types: DN (inc BB and CVA/SCS); NCL/NCA, DW/HDW; Old CL; and Tug w/ Starliner Pod. 2 each of the BC/CS/CA/CC; FF/FFB; and DD/SC Hull types. Thats 11 ships total.

Release date is Mid to late Janurary.

The downside to this sheet is the lack of ship names and Registraition number groupings. These will be available seperatly by Class.

Contact me if you have any questions.
Starfighter Decals
Lieutenant JG

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2010 10:54 pm    Post subject: Decal sheet Finally going to the printers Reply with quote

Barring any more unforseen delays, the Fed Decal Sheet will be going to the printers early next week. Takes about 4-6 weeks to get them back.

Now everyone will have the oppurtunity to use High Quality, professionaly printed decals to use on their minis. The test samples have been wonderful to use. No more cutting out individual markings, dithered colors, or fuzzy printed markings.

I'm looking at doing Gorn, Klingon, and Romulan Insignia (with "Eagles") if these sell well.
Jiraiya1969
Lieutenant JG

PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2010 5:13 pm    Post subject: Re: Decal sheet Finally going to the printers Reply with quote

Starfighter Decals wrote:
I'm looking at doing Gorn, Klingon, and Romulan Insignia (with "Eagles") if these sell well.

And hopefully other races should these sell well Cool

Regards,

Sarpeidon
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Federation Commander Forum Index -> Miniatures All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: