Federation Commander Forum Index Federation Commander
A NEW fast paced board game of starship combat!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

8CM36 - Legacy of the Ancients

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Federation Commander Forum Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kang
Fleet Captain

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2010 7:35 pm    Post subject: 8CM36 - Legacy of the Ancients Reply with quote

I was most interested to discover the following two articles on the Internet today:

http://tinyurl.com/23764oq

and

http://tinyurl.com/2e4urm5

because they are independent playtest reports on the scenario Legacy of the Ancients in Comm #48.

When we at BG Exeter first playtested the scenario, we found it pretty well-balanced, whereas the players in these reports found it quite hard to win as the Hydrans. I personally can see both points of view. I realise it could be seen as bad form for a scenario's designer to ask for comments, but in the light of those battle reports, I would be very interested to hear of the experiences of my fellow forumers with this scenario.

I'm not fishing for compliments; quite the opposite - I'd genuinely like to know if the scenario is broken!

Also it would be particularly interesting to hear such comments in the light of recent comments in the thread about The Surprise Reversed here: http://tinyurl.com/25lfum9 and scenario balance.

Finally it might just get some interesting discussion going.... Wink
Ensign

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2010 11:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Which Communique was that one in?
Scoutdad
Commodore

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2010 12:17 am    Post subject: Re: 8CM36 - Legacy of the Ancients Reply with quote

Kang wrote:
because they are independent playtest reports on the scenario Legacy of the Ancients in Comm #48.

Dan Ibekwe
Commander

PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2010 9:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have not played the scenario, but there seems to be more than enough Klingon firepower to eliminate the Hydran cruiser by the end of turn three. Unless the defences are active by then the result won't be in doubt.

The Hydran *could* try to disable the Klingon ships one at a time, but doing that without being wrecked by multiple close-range overloaded disruptor hits would be...problematical.

I don't think the Hydrans are meant to win this, absent some very lucky card draws. I'd rather play it with three Tartars trashing a D7C.
pinecone
Fleet Captain

PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2010 12:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's like the Hood Scenario, except there is a tiny chance the Hydran could win.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Federation Commander Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: