Federation Commander Forum Index Federation Commander
A NEW fast paced board game of starship combat!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Romulan KD5R tactics?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
NeoTanuki
Ensign

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2010 8:44 pm    Post subject: Romulan KD5R tactics? Reply with quote

Hello,

I'm a very new FC player who is still learning the Rules. I'm interested in playing some one-on-one squadron-scale duels, but from reading these boards and talking to people, I get the impression duels vs. Romulans are difficult because of the length of time it takes due to cloaking and slow plasma recharge times.

Reading about the KDR5 cruiser from Communique 45 and the Plasma D rules, I was wondering if this particular ship might alleviate some of the problems of Romulan ship dueling, since the Plasma Ds not only recharge faster but can be used as anti-drone defense, even if their damage is low. Also, it seems to have stronger shields than the KR cruiser, which also seems like it might help survivability while learning this game.

So my question is, has anyone played the KDR5, and does it perform differently than other Romulans with larger plasma weapons? Can it be used more aggressively without having to flee for long periods?

Thanks in advance!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Federation Commander Forum Index -> Tactics All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: