Federation Commander Forum Index Federation Commander
A NEW fast paced board game of starship combat!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

painting services

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Federation Commander Forum Index -> Miniatures
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Targ
Lieutenant SG

PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2008 3:49 pm    Post subject: painting services Reply with quote

can anyone out there recommend a decent painting service for starfleet minitures?I have had a fleet ready to paint for too long and am half way through a WWII Finnish project, so it is time to bite the bullet and stick my hand in my pocket.
look foraward to responses
take care, you all
Targ
djdood
Commodore

PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2008 5:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't recall seeing any services that specialize in SFU minis, but there are no shortage of general painting services out there. I wouldn't trust them to get it right though (they paint lots of Warhammer space marines and have probably never seen a Fed DW before...).
Lieutenant SG

PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2008 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i know theres a lot of good painter out there but im after a good sf vehicle painter with out having to send a tonn! of data (i do accept some is need).ill also be after using Mark's Models & Toys decals

ps. mark dose decals. maybe theres a gape 4 a painter, whos up for it?
djdood
Commodore

PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2008 7:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There were folks like Mike Raper who do SFU minis painting and even had website to that effect, but Mike pulled all that and re-focused on BattleTech.

There's people who will paint SFU minis. You might have more luck asking on the legacy bbs where the old-timers tend to hang out. I don't think Aaron Staley, etc. check here at all.

I do SFU minis for hire, but I'm not accepting any gigs right now (way too many of my own back-logged and I need to finish them).
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2008 8:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fernando Enterprises is excellent! I highly recommend them (I had 'em do a full British force for the AWI "Washingtons Wars" game. Blue Table is also very good - I used them for my Confrontation Mid-Nor force.

jmt

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Scoutdad
Commodore

PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2008 10:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Targ: Will is correct, Aaron Staley paints SFU minis on a commission basis, but he doesn't read these forums (it's a long story). I'll shoot him an email to see if he's taking any new jobs and them will PM you with his response.
markgeorgetwo
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2008 8:33 pm    Post subject: post subject Reply with quote

to targ glad to see you my old friend in regard to a painter. to paint your federation commander ships i would suggest kevin dallimore i think thats his surname he is the painter who painted the doctor who minis what the warlords used for there open day game i do not know if he has a website but i think he might be reached by the south london warlords site.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Federation Commander Forum Index -> Miniatures All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: