Federation Commander Forum Index Federation Commander
A NEW fast paced board game of starship combat!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

SFU Starfleet War College / CGSC !

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Federation Commander Forum Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
domingojs23
Lieutenant SG

PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2010 6:53 am    Post subject: SFU Starfleet War College / CGSC ! Reply with quote

Dear SVC and Friends,

I'd like to toss around another idea. What if one were to "kick up a notch" the SFU hobby, and establish some sort of cohesive approach whereby a sort of Starfleet Naval War College / Command and General Staff College is established - meaning having a "curriculum" based on the various SFU games, the writing of not only term papers but also a thesis / dissertation, etc.

This may not necessarily be everyone's cup of tea, but this may appeal to those who wish to leverage the SFU hobby to be a tool to sharpen real-life strategic and tactical thinking and analytical skills, and to further develop the hobby in general. (And, most importantly of all, it gives me a cover to explain to my boss and wife why I'm spending so much time and money on this darn thing !)

A precedent for this is the approach taken by players of the boardgame "Diplomacy".

I've been thinking about this for some time, but was really motivated to post this when I noticed that Origins has a "War College" series of events.
Sweeper
Lieutenant SG

PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2010 2:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmmm.... IIRC, Capatian's Log ran a series of story-style articles based around an AcademyTactics instructor and his students. The Instructor would put forth a scenario, and have his students come with solutions to various proplems presented in the scenario.

This sounds like a similar deal, and I think it lives on over in the old discuss boards.
Steve Cole
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2010 7:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Take a shot and let me see what you come up with.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Federation Commander Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: