Federation Commander Forum Index Federation Commander
A NEW fast paced board game of starship combat!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Dice tower/Dice tray

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Federation Commander Forum Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
wedge_hammersteel
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Jul 10, 2010 6:18 pm    Post subject: Dice tower/Dice tray Reply with quote

I saw some nice dice towers and a dice tray at Origins and I was wondering if any of you us such devices during your games?
malleman
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Sat Jul 10, 2010 6:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey if you make one, make it look like a black hole.
ericphillips
Commander

Location: Los Angeles, CA, USA, Sol, Gould Belt, Orion Arm, Milky Way Galaxy, Local Group, Universe Beta

PostPosted: Sat Jul 10, 2010 7:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had a friend who had a nice acrylic dice tower to roll through. He loved it, mainly because it kept the dice in place (no dice rolling off the table or ito the minis and counters messing things up). He felt it also kept the results more random. He was probably right, because I see many people barely roll the die when they throw (just flopping it over).

I use a felt lined dice cup. Works for me. I turn it upside down to control the dice. I do like the new Pirate dice tower from Litko: http://theminiaturespage.com/news/369678/

I'd get one with an Empire logo from FC if they had it. Maybe a deal can be made. Litko works with many different companies.
Scoutdad
Commodore

PostPosted: Sat Jul 10, 2010 7:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Burt:
I picked up two fo the acrylic dice boots from Chessex at Origins '94. We've used them in nearly every game since... one on each side of hte table.

Since we almost always use minis... they kee pthe dice from flying across the board and knocking my minis over.
djdood
Commodore

PostPosted: Sat Jul 10, 2010 8:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a nice wooden dice tower a friend got me for my birthday last year. Haven't had a chance to use it for FedCom yet, but it's seen some D&D use.
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Jul 10, 2010 11:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I should have purchased the one I saw at Origins. I like the one that eric posted. It appears that you can take it apart to make for easier traveling.
Scoutdad
Commodore

PostPosted: Sun Jul 11, 2010 2:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The pirate towers are the exact same design as mine, the only differnece is mine are clear plexiglass with no designs on them...
ericphillips
Commander

Location: Los Angeles, CA, USA, Sol, Gould Belt, Orion Arm, Milky Way Galaxy, Local Group, Universe Beta

PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2010 2:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was at a monthly gaming day here in Anaheim, and a person playing Starship Troopers minis had a nice, stained wood, dice tower. So I ask him how much it cost. He tells me he got it free on Free RPG day, at the Warhouse in Long Beach (which carries a lot of ADB stuff, BTW). I didn't go there, and the store I went to didn't have it. Looking at it, it was probably the nicest non-print give out. Guess I'll truck to the Warhouse next year.
Bolo_MK_XL
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2010 3:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here in Western NC an Ice Cream company sells pints in plastic containers with snap on lid --

It makes a nice travel container, then just empty it out and use it like any other dice cup ---
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Federation Commander Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: