Federation Commander Forum Index Federation Commander
A NEW fast paced board game of starship combat!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Charging/ Firing Phasers - NOOB question

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Federation Commander Forum Index -> Star Fleet Battles
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Czuhars
Lieutenant JG

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2010 7:41 pm    Post subject: Charging/ Firing Phasers - NOOB question Reply with quote

Hi all,
OK, I'm embarrased to be asking such a basic question. But I would like to have a little clarification on how to charge/ fire phasers.
On turn 1 - One point goes to energize phasers, right? (E2.3)
Is this the same as charging the phaser capacitors? (H6.0)?

Do I allocate the energizing phasers (one pont) on Item #9 of the En. Alloc. chart? Or Do I put "6" there (for a Fed CA)? Where do i put a "6" to charge the capacitors, and to be deducted from total power?

Can I do both (energize and charge capacitors) the fire on the same turn, do I have to wait a turn to fire?

I guess I just need a little step-by-step there.

Sorry - it's not until you get into actual play that the questions come up.
Krellex
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2010 8:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The one point you put in to energize the phasers does not go into the capacitor. For example, you would pay one point to energize the phasers on turn one. On turn two during energy allocation you could then put energy into the capacitor, which has zero power in it, the system is simply energized and ready to receive power. This rule (E2.3) would only be used if you start your scenario at weapon status zero.
Lieutenant JG

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2010 9:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So I only allocate one point on the first turn in the game (if the weapons aren't at stage II), then allocate points to charge the phasers thereafter?

Does this all go in line #9?

So say on turn 2, I only fire 3 of 6 phasers. On turn three do I allocate 3 points to the capacitors, or 6? ( do phasers carry over from turn to turn?)

*thanks*
Krellex
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2010 9:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Correct.
I think it is line 9, it should say Charge Phaser Capacitor or something similar.

The number of phasers you can fire on turn two will depend on how much power you put into the capacitor. So say you have a 10 point capacitor and only allocate 5 power into it. This will allow you to fire 5 phaser 1's once. This power DOES carry over if you don't use it , so it works similarly to a battery in that sense. So you could fill your capacitor and not fire any phasers for several turns, but the power will still be in there. (Up to 25 turns, if I remember correctly).
So in my example capacitor, if you put 10 power in, and use 5 of it, you would still have 5 points left in the capacitor.
Does that make sense?
Lieutenant JG

PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2010 1:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Crystal clear... Thanks! I'll let you know if I run into trouble with photons!
Krellex
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2010 3:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any time Smile Have fun blowing stuff up!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Federation Commander Forum Index -> Star Fleet Battles All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: