Federation Commander Forum Index Federation Commander
A NEW fast paced board game of starship combat!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

JJVerse Trek and SFU . . .
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Federation Commander Forum Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pinecone
Fleet Captain

PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2010 2:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Buy Captians Log 36, you wont regret it. It was my first captian's log, and I'd say the best one that I have yet.

Oh, and Djdood, my point was that by the time the Enterprise-A came out, the warp naccels really were'nt designed the smae way. But this movie took place before that.
djdood
Commodore

PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2010 2:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That was kind of a non-sequitur, pinecone, which is why I was thrown.

The JJ-verse movie has no ship-tech connections to the previous movies whatsoever.

There is no lineage in the ship designs. The classic Matt Jefferies 1701 (the one in the SFU) did not happen in the JJ-verse (in lieu of the new Ryan Church 1701, which liberally borrowed from the classic, the movie -A, and the TNG -D).

Because they "started over", all the later movie ships won't happen either (at least not the same way). No 1701-A, Excelsior, Grissom, etc.

The stardock ships in the JJ movie are the best indication of where his design camp is headed. Based on the drawings in the art book and stills from the flick, those are all kissing cousins of the Kelvin from the movie. Some of them definitely echo some obvious and good ideas (they have a Reliant/SFU-NCL arrangement, etc.).
Commander

Location: Los Angeles, CA, USA, Sol, Gould Belt, Orion Arm, Milky Way Galaxy, Local Group, Universe Beta

PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2010 5:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What blows my mind is that Star Trek: Enterprise was before the change in the timeline. However, because the time war happened based on future participants (years after TNG), and the temporal incursion by Nero happened before the time war participants were born, did people from the new future make their own time war, and if so did this make an alternate past, separate from the original past. OH, MY HEAD HURTS.

Seriously, looking at the movie and the differences, even before the temporal incursion, I really think that Spock didn't just travel in time, but into a parallel universe that was close, but with several differences, to the main universe.
djdood
Commodore

PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2010 8:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't strain yourself trying to make Trek continuity make sense. The writers certainly didn't strain themselves too much... Laughing
Fleet Captain

PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2010 12:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing

Nero made his own Alternate reality. The temporal Cold war was already over by then.
pinecone
Fleet Captain

PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2010 12:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing

Nero made his own Alternate reality. The temporal Cold war was fought in the original reality. At least that's what I think Confused
ericphillips
Commander

Location: Los Angeles, CA, USA, Sol, Gould Belt, Orion Arm, Milky Way Galaxy, Local Group, Universe Beta

PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2010 12:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, the temporal cold war started in the future, which hasn't happened yet in the JJ Verse.
pinecone
Fleet Captain

PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2010 12:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, but Nero made his own realitiy where (for all we know) there was no temporal cold war.
ericphillips
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2010 12:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Exactly. As I said, that might have created an alternate past in the new timeline where the history of Enterprise NX-01 is different because the temporal cold war either did not happen, or happened differently because of the changes. Its non-intuitive, but this is a case where you change the future to change the past.
Scoutdad
Commodore

PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2010 12:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ugh. All this time travel / parallel universe talk makes my head hurt.

I think I'm just going to go watch Sliders... Confused
pinecone
Fleet Captain

PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2010 12:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe in that timeline they saw what nero did and though "Hmm, maybe this isn't such a good idea." Very Happy
ericphillips
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2010 1:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Really, I wish the timeline of ENT would change to erase the temporal cold war. It turned out to be a lame story and a bad ending. I would enjoy the series more if it went away. Lol
Savedfromwhat
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2010 2:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Perhaps we aren't seeing the effects of neros incursion in stXI but instead we are seeing the effects of the temporal cold war on the timeline.
OGOPTIMUS
Captain

PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2010 7:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pinecone wrote:
Buy Captians Log 36, you wont regret it. It was my first captian's log, and I'd say the best one that I have yet.

I'd say buy them all. I have (finally found #17), and I'm not disappointed at all. Even those issues that don't have a lot of my 'favorite' things are still top notch and well worth purchasing.

Newest Page | Newer Page | OLD Page
djdood
Commodore

PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2010 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats on finding #17. That was my last issue I was missing, for a long time, until I found my copy in '07.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Federation Commander Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: