Federation Commander Forum Index Federation Commander
A NEW fast paced board game of starship combat!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

kzinti warship desgin by producers of star trek enterprise
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Federation Commander Forum Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bluebirds38
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2010 10:54 pm    Post subject: kzinti warship desgin by producers of star trek enterprise Reply with quote

i was at star trek memory alpha. have the show gone on for a fifth season, they would introduce the kzinti. go to the web site and type in star trek enterprise, then scroll down just over half way. they have a picture of the kzinti warship. t'pol would also be reveled to be half romulan.
Bolo_MK_XL
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2010 1:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vulcan, Romulan whats the difference other than attitude ---
Krellex
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2010 1:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you heard of Vulcan ale?

Didn't think so Smile
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2010 3:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Plomeek soup! It's Romulan Ale for vegetarians!
marcus_aurelius
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2010 4:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I saw this Kzinti design on the web several months ago in the form of a top/side/front elevation, but it was not explicitly connected to Star Trek: Enterprise where I saw it.

Looking at the design, it appears that it must have been inspired by the SFU Kzinti designs and NOT by the animated series.

It looks a LOT closer to the SFU Kzinti (brick red color, 3 warp engines, pair of weapons "arms", etc) than the animated series. In the animated series I remember a very ugly, pink flying saucer with two spheres attached.

If Star Trek: Enterprise started season 1 with storylines like season 4 and the proposed season 5, it probably would have not been cancelled so early.

I lost interest in the show in season 1 when they encountered the Klingons in hand-to-hand combat on a planet and no one died. That exceeded my willful suspension of disbelief threshold.
The A-Team in space!!
Dan Ibekwe
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2010 7:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like a Kzinti ship with the bow blown off.

Enterprise started off poor, became awful, then Manny Coto took over. The third season was watchable, the fourth had moments of greatness, and so the fifth was cancelled and the series finale was a revoltingly smug piece of self congratulation by Berman and Braga. Feh.

Perhaps one day we'll see the Kzinti in the Abrams' Trek universe. *That* would be interesting.
Steve Cole
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2010 3:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I keep saying, put me in charge of Star Trek and I'll show you what good television can be.
OGOPTIMUS
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2010 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dan Ibekwe wrote:
the fourth had moments of greatness, and so the fifth was cancelled and the series finale was a revoltingly smug piece of self congratulation by Berman and Braga. Feh.

I couldn't agree more. That finale was just ridiculous. At least the novels set after that try and undo most of the awful plot points that it made. But, you only have so much to work with.

I don't know about Berman so much, but I know Braga was a terrible thing for later Star Trek (after First Contact).

Newest Page | Newer Page | OLD Page
terryoc
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2010 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is Paramount a publicly traded company? Perhaps SFU fans could start quietly accumulating stock... gain control... put Leanna in charge of the board... and get Steve in charge of Trek! Petrick would get the job of vetting all scripts for plot holes. Jean loves consistency so she could be in charge of continuity. Mike Sparks would handle the props warehouse. Adam Turner handles CGI special effects. Loren Knight designing phasers, tanks and other weapon props, which would be constructed by Tony Thomas, Will McCammon, and other guys who are currently sculpting minis. Scripts provided by the guys currently writing SFB and Prime Directive fiction. It's all falling into place!! Laughing
pinecone
Fleet Captain

PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2010 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

marcus_aurelius wrote:
In the animated series I remember a very ugly, pink flying saucer with two spheres attached.

It was NOT ugly. That ship was freakin awsome!

terryoc wrote:
Is Paramount a publicly traded company? Perhaps SFU fans could start quietly accumulating stock... gain control... put Leanna in charge of the board... and get Steve in charge of Trek! Petrick would get the job of vetting all scripts for plot holes. Jean loves consistency so she could be in charge of continuity. Mike Sparks would handle the props warehouse. Adam Turner handles CGI special effects. Loren Knight designing phasers, tanks and other weapon props, which would be constructed by Tony Thomas, Will McCammon, and other guys who are currently sculpting minis. Scripts provided by the guys currently writing SFB and Prime Directive fiction. It's all falling into place!!

I'm all for it Very Happy
lokirising
Lieutenant JG

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2010 12:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd love to see SVC do Trek. Star Fleet is supposed to be the military arm of the Federation, but we hardly see any of that. What about ground forces? In DS9, when the Dominion were rumored to be invading Earth, we only saw what appeared to be Star Fleet security.

And who in their right mind would use their bridge crew for every away team? There were hundreds of scientists, security personnel, etc. on the Enterprise D for example, yet they were never sent on missions.
OGOPTIMUS
Captain

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2010 1:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lokirising wrote:
And who in their right mind would use their bridge crew for every away team? There were hundreds of scientists, security personnel, etc. on the Enterprise D for example, yet they were never sent on missions.

Maybe they read the mission logs from Kirk's Enterprise and noticed that THEY were going to be the ones dying, and then opted out. Very Happy

Newest Page | Newer Page | OLD Page
pinecone
Fleet Captain

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2010 1:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Hold on a moment, I'd like to swap my red uniform with someone" Wink
Steve Cole
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2010 3:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The bridge crew was the senior guys and they pulled rank and went on the away team missions because that was their best chance to get some ... action, yeah, action ... that's it.
Bolo_MK_XL
Captain

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2010 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Believe the Klingons had the right attitude --
Captain leaves the ship, gung ho officer took control and left the captain behind --

Kinda puts the kabash on senior officers doing away missions --
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Federation Commander Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: