Federation Commander Forum Index Federation Commander
A NEW fast paced board game of starship combat!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FCOL Tournament: Information, Announcements and Deadlines
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 15, 16, 17  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Federation Commander Forum Index -> FC & SFB Online!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ericphillips
Commander

Location: Los Angeles, CA, USA, Sol, Gould Belt, Orion Arm, Milky Way Galaxy, Local Group, Universe Beta

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2010 1:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

pinecone wrote:
I want Captain "Evergreen" Pinecone Wink

I think we'll be seeing some Kzinti vs. Kzinti Matchups here. I also think we might see a Fed vs Fed matchup or two. That isn't something that would normally happen, Maybe Human/Vulcan/Andorian Fleets?

Rock on Evergreen.

Yeah, this is an interesting matchup. Four Kzinti? Wow. Plus a Seltorian and a Tholian. So weird.

BTW: your selection is not that strange. I find the FJ DN the other Fed has odder. Let the games begin!!!
terryoc
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2010 3:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK got another entry, but since it will bring the number of players up to an even number, I've decided to allow it. It means no annoying byes.

Nick "Savedfromwhat" Sandberg, Orion: CA, 2xBC (441 points). Nick has photons in mounts that can take them, but did not tell me what's in the Y and Z mounts (which can't take photons). I've asked him for clarification.

Edit: This means that Paul Franz won't be getting a bye this round, and will be playing Nick. Paul and Nick, check your inboxes, I've emailed you with each other's details.

Edit #2: BC is not in the client yet, so it will be 2xCA, 2xLR, photons in all mounts that can take them and drones in Y and Z mounts. Nick apparently tried to sign up on Friday but the email got lost in cyberspace, so that's OK.
pinecone
Fleet Captain

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2010 12:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jim Dauphinais and I will be having our match on sunday from 6 to 9 PM US Central (8 to 10 PM US Eastern). Feel free to drop in and watch Smile

I do have a queston though. Jim, are your Tholian CAs armed with Disrs or phots? and do you have any web/asteriods in his starting squadron?
JimDauphinais
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2010 1:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I didn't specify. So, I default to Disruptors since that is what is drawn on the card.

There is no terrain on the Tournament map. It is open space except for what the Tholians cast or generate. Due to the lack of terrain to anchor to, it is unlikely Tholians in this scenario will be generating any webs. However, there is a good possibility of seeing some freestanding webs cast by the NCA during the scenario.

St. Louis Area Fed Comm Group: http://games.groups.yahoo.com/group/STL_Federation_Commander/
pinecone
Fleet Captain

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2010 2:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, you can use your shuttles as web anchors. Or the two CAs. But that's your decision. I guess you'll be using snares Smile

It's a good thing a have the carronade option for my Pl-Fs.
pinecone
Fleet Captain

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2010 10:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

News Flash!

due to a complication in my schedeul, I cannot play on sunday but can on Friday, which was the original day Jim suggested. so if you're still open tommorow Jim, that will be the time for our battle (and we can do it an hour later)
Andromedan
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2010 2:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Simple Tournament tracker/results page:

http://www.sfbonline.com/show_results.jsp?tournament=fedcom1

So for wins and losses go to the above URL and click on the "Tournament Report Results" link. Make sure that "Federation Commander Online Tournament #1" is selected in the drop down, enter your callsign and password and select whether you won or lost and the page will be updated and Emails will go out reporting the win/loss.
mojo_billbo
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2010 7:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks Andromedan!

I'm playing a FED fleet, however.. How do we get that changed?
Please?
Andromedan
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2010 8:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Blame that on Terry. I just copied it from the Email. I will fix it.

Paul Franz
pinecone
Fleet Captain

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2010 9:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm running Feds, not Kzin Wink

And, the final dat for me and jim's battle is tommorow at 10-12 AM Eastern, and we might start little earlier. Sorry for all the scheduel confusions.
ericphillips
Commander

Location: Los Angeles, CA, USA, Sol, Gould Belt, Orion Arm, Milky Way Galaxy, Local Group, Universe Beta

PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2010 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I sent my opponent an email last week when the first email showing matchups was received. I have not heard from him yet. I also tried to PM him, but vulcandropout is not a forum user.
Scoutdad
Commodore

PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2010 10:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Patrick Doyle and I just played the first game.

As expected, Commodore Doyle won. Rolling Eyes

But i learned a lot from him about the interface and FCOl and am looking forward ot my next match-up.

I also got schooled in how effective plasma/photons are in drone defense... NOT! Shocked

Thanks again, Patrick for a great game.

Paul:
I tried to use the tourney link to update the status of our game, but I kept gettign a callsign/password not valid error message. Any idea what might be wrong?
storeylf
Fleet Captain

PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2010 10:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I noticed that your ships weren't showing the weapon loadout noted a couple of pages back (I was seeing 2 ships with plasma D racks). Is that a glitch in the FCOL client, or did you change weapon loadout?
Scoutdad
Commodore

PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2010 10:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glitch in the system.

You can't select a Plasma S... nor can you change the wing mounted DRNs to reflect Phasers ala' (5L)

It took a bit of extra effort and some well kept notes (using the notes tab) to track actual weapopn load out... energy expenditures... and such. But it was doable.

DAC needs to be done by hand, on a ship card and then transferred over. A bit time consuming, but still doable.

Bug report to be sent to Andromedan tonight.
Drew Klenotic
Lieutenant JG

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2010 2:42 am    Post subject: Bugs? Reply with quote

I don't know if it was just me, but in the Doyle/Scoutdad match, they asked if others could see the ship cards and they said they could. I couldn't see them no matter what I tried. I also tried making my own room/game since I've never really played on this client before and found myself severely limited (Fed DNG, BCG, CA, CL, DD, and FF I think). I'm paid for both, but that's all I can see.

Am I doing something wrong? I made sure I had the latest client. I've watched a SFB game before and was able to see the SSD's on that game. Just the Fed Commander I'm having issues with.

Update: Don't you hate it when you spend most of the day trying to figure something out, and when you finally post something, you find it 5 minutes later.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Federation Commander Forum Index -> FC & SFB Online! All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 15, 16, 17  Next
Page 4 of 17

Jump to: