Federation Commander Forum Index Federation Commander
A NEW fast paced board game of starship combat!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Old Vols. I, II, III

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Federation Commander Forum Index -> Star Fleet Battles
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Czuhars
Lieutenant JG

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2010 12:22 am    Post subject: Old Vols. I, II, III Reply with quote

I'm thinking of bidding on some of the old boxed Vols. I, II, and III from eBay. I love the box artwork and would like to have them for nostalgic sake since I started with Volume I back in the day.

I'm curious though - were they stand-alone products or did they require the previous volumes? Meaning, did the various volume rulebooks contain addendum to add to the Commander's Rulebook in volume I, or did each volume contain the basic rules plus the content from the previous volumes?
(Could you buy just volume III and have everything from the previous two versions or did you need Vol. I and II?)

Thanks
gar1138
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2010 12:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Each volume built on the one before. Volume I was the base product (think Basic Set of today). Volume II added additional rules, ships, etc. to Volume I. Volume III likewise to Volume II. So each volume required the one previous to it.

Garrett
Bolo_MK_XL
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2010 3:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The addendums (changes) were presented in two Updates 1 & 2 --

Along with 3 supplements --- Fighters, X-ships and Fast Patrol Ships

Two reinforcement packs with additional counters and cut out planets of several sizes --- #2 also had updated Energy Forms for Carriers, andromedans, large ships plus event record form and battle station energy form --

The most useful thing about Commander's Edition, if you removed the binding, all pages were printed so you could merge them into one volume, the updates replaced pages (you didn't have to write in changes or go hunting for something in another book) ---
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Federation Commander Forum Index -> Star Fleet Battles All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: