Federation Commander Forum Index Federation Commander
A NEW fast paced board game of starship combat!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Play Prime Directive Online - Donjebruche Campaign
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 25, 26, 27  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Federation Commander Forum Index -> Prime Directive
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jeffr0
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2010 5:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh good. ROF of 3.

Not waiting on you. I don't have the GPD Core book yet. Will will roll HT-2 for each dude that you hit.

I'll do it this time just to get going....
Jeffr0
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2010 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

paul wrote:
Nto sure if you are waiting for me to roll? I need to know if Ic an target both guys since theya re standing next to each other. I assume since the Phaser has a ROF of 3 (I looked it up) I could fire a 3 round burst and hit 2 people.

Actually... you need an ROF of 5 to attack both of them at the same time. (Campaigns page 409)

All-out attack (double) requires both attacks to be on the same target.

I don't think you can hit both of them this turn.
paul
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2010 6:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok I will go with one.
Jeffr0
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2010 7:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Feverish defense is not an all-out defense. I'm not sure if it is for melee attacks only, though. It's in the same class as mighty blows and flurry of blows... so maybe it is an optional melee defense option for the cost of 1 FP.
paul
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2010 7:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jeffr0 wrote:
Feverish defense is not an all-out defense. I'm not sure if it is for melee attacks only, though. It's in the same class as mighty blows and flurry of blows... so maybe it is an optional melee defense option for the cost of 1 FP.
@#$% I would've used that! oh well I guess I next time.
paul
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2010 7:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are you going with the rule that if my HP are 1/3 or less I am at 1/2 move and dodge?
mojo_billbo
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2010 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OUCH.

10hp hit is pretty nasty.
Jeffr0
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2010 8:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

paul wrote:
Jeffr0 wrote:

Wait. I want a ruling on that. The rules weren't clear to me. [Heads over to SJ boards.]
Jeffr0
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2010 8:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

paul wrote:
Jeffr0 wrote:

Well... the SJ GURPS Gurus say it's legit.

Do you mind retroactively applying Feverish Defense because the rules weren't clear when we resolved that?
paul
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Sat Sep 18, 2010 12:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do i mind not taking damage because I dodged....? Laughing not at all. If it was possible I would've done it.

That would change my whole tactics. i will not be crouching and trying to fire. I will just keep using feverish defense until I either wipe everyone out, get hit, die or dall unconsious.
paul
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Sat Sep 18, 2010 12:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

why can't I dodge it? I get as many dodges as I want. Probably the feverish defense applies to all dodges in that round I will have to loo that up or ask the guys on the SJG forums they usually know. It's parry and blocks that are limited to one per round with a penalty if i try more.

Also according to the multifire rules the attacker makes one role and based off the rcl value he hits multiple times. FOr the defnder he makes 1 dodge role and whatever he makes his role by determines the number of hits. Only if I were roling 3 individual shots would he make multiple dodges.] You would've only had to make 3 rolls: my to hit roll (whatever he made it by based on the weapons RCL value would determine how may rounds would hit), 1 dodge roll for his defense (whatever he made it by would determine how rounds he dodged) and any HT rolls.
Jeffr0
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Sep 18, 2010 2:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

paul wrote:
why can't I dodge it? I get as many dodges as I want. Probably the feverish defense applies to all dodges in that round I will have to loo that up or ask the guys on the SJG forums they usually know. It's parry and blocks that are limited to one per round with a penalty if i try more.

It's one FP per dodge, not one FP per turn for feverish defenses.

And yep... you're right again. You get as many dodges per turn as long as you can see the attack.
Jeffr0
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Sep 18, 2010 2:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

paul wrote:
Also according to the multifire rules the attacker makes one role and based off the rcl value he hits multiple times. FOr the defnder he makes 1 dodge role and whatever he makes his role by determines the number of hits. Only if I were roling 3 individual shots would he make multiple dodges.] You would've only had to make 3 rolls: my to hit roll (whatever he made it by based on the weapons RCL value would determine how may rounds would hit), 1 dodge roll for his defense (whatever he made it by would determine how rounds he dodged) and any HT rolls.

Yeah... I think I've got this now. I do roll multiple HT rolls-- one for each phaser hit that isn't dodged. But yeah, you only get one dodge roll if a single attack hits you with lotsa "hits". If multiple attackers are shooting at you, then you can have one dodge per attack that hits.

I edited the last post in the game to reflect your use of a defense roll. That shifts you from 13 hits of damage to 5 hits of damage.

Also... you have spent 3 FP at the end of turn 2 of the combat.
paul
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Sat Sep 18, 2010 3:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd rather be tired than dead! No problem I willbe here to help with any rules. i ahve played Gurps (3rd and 4th editions) for over 20 years. Although I don't claim to know everything and I rely on SJG forums to answer the ambigous questions that aren't specifically spelled out in the rules.
paul
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Sat Sep 18, 2010 3:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got a critical failure on my roll not to be overconfident. So it looks like I step into the room and continue the assault. Overconfidence roll (3d6=17)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Federation Commander Forum Index -> Prime Directive All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 25, 26, 27  Next
Page 5 of 27

Jump to: