Federation Commander Forum Index Federation Commander
A NEW fast paced board game of starship combat!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Play By Forum Game-- It's time to start up again
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Federation Commander Forum Index -> Prime Directive
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jeffr0
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2012 2:23 pm    Post subject: Play By Forum Game-- It's time to start up again Reply with quote

It's time to play some GURPS Prime Directive. Without a carpool, floors to sleep on, and decent food (much less gaming swag or cold hard cash) it just isn't feasible for me to get to a convention and maybe get a game in. Heck, even if I was going to be in your area, you have a "real life" as well and probably have to attend a wedding or something. And the monster cons are not only expensive, but exhausting as well-- I'm not sure if I can do those every year anyway.

So here we are.

If people from the Donjebruche campaign want to pick it back up, that's fine-- we can accommodate some changes in the line up, so that won't keep interested new players from getting on board. We can also do something completely different.

So who's interested...? And do you have your heart set on anything in particular character or scenario or campaign-wise? Lets get this party started!
paul
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2012 5:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am in...I love my character.
Jeffr0
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2012 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome back, Marcus.

Skexis has reported back in as well.

I expect Captain Jack before long....
mojo_billbo
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2012 8:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aye, I'm in...
paul
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2012 9:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Marcus has been ichin' to punch someone in thier snot box....one question....I can't remember if we got experience from the last game and hopefully I can still find him.....not sure where I put marcus...does the gm have a copy?
paul
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2012 10:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Never mind I read the last posts in the game noticed you gave us a final 10 xps and 5000 credits....I'll spend the xps and perhaps the money...also found my character near the beginning of the thread...

also I can not post as often as I used to. Maybe once everyother day if I am lucky so please bare with me.
Jeffr0
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2012 11:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, we're missing just one of the original Donjebruche gamers.

I am thinking of promoting the game on ConstantCon-- maybe I'll have a total of six slots...?

I am not looking to do the real time Google+ thing that is becoming the norm. I'd rather do something slow and steady... but with action and development that adds up even if it is relatively glacial in comparison.

Opening it up to additional new players could change things from last time, so I wanted to run it by you guys first.

I'm thinking maybe kibbitzing for a couple of weeks here so I can plan and prep... and then kicking things off on Monday, July 9.

The every-other-day Marcus post doesn't sound too problematic to me given the time budget I have to invest in the game.

If we were running face-to-face, I would punish people for splitting up with extra monsters or something just because it's dumb. But on the forum... it almost makes more sense to encourge that-- people posting at different rates can follow their sub-plots without having to wait on anybody. Also... if we have a good mix of people, I may arbitrarily move things along once we have n posts or something in the cases where everyone stays together. Hmmm.... At any rate... I will be making judgement calls in order to better adapt the medium to the game, but I reckon that based on last time, y'all can probably handle it.

Anyways... that's just a few thoughts for now. Feel free to put your two cents in. Everything is up for discussion until we start, so feel free to brainstorm.
paul
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2012 11:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I play in a regular game with Flax on a different site. i'll poke him to see if he is still interested. I think the dynamics of the group is fine. I myself would liek a small team...i.e. stick to the same players as last time. But I'll let everyone else vote on it.
paul
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2012 9:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I let Flax know the game was starting back up but he sends his regrets that he can not join. He doesn't have the time for another game and he can't access this site from work...neither can I but I don't let that stop me....game on!
Jeffr0
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2012 2:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, so we have Skexis, Captain Jack, and Marcus back for more.

Please vote for how many slots to open up via ConstantCon. Do you want zero, one, two, or three new players coming on board...? Looks like Marcus has voted for zero. While I am by default a "lets promote the game and get new players and make this as hard as possible" type of guy, I do have to admit that the Skexis/Jack/Marcus chemistry sure seemed to work. I can go either way on this. I don't even know how I'm voting, yet.

Also-- I am NOT going beat the drum to get your input on campaign parameters. If one of you wants to elect themselves "caller" and start private messaging the players and making sure everyone feels like they've had input, then go for it. My hands are full developing the adventure stuff.
Jeffr0
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2012 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can start once I've gone back over the entire set of posts.

Here is my summary of Act One.
paul
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2012 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd like to hacvce some time to spend the xps and money he received....need to get some armor..Monocrys....and perhaps a phaser rifle.
Jeffr0
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2012 12:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The next summary is posted here.
mojo_billbo
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2012 2:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I vote for zero to 3... we're ok with just us, however, a few more might be interesting, and I know more than 3 would be just tricky for Jeff...
Jeffr0
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2012 3:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I decided to go with the folks we've got... and then only add in more if we feel a need later.

Get a game going first... then only "fix it" if it needs it...!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Federation Commander Forum Index -> Prime Directive All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: