Federation Commander Forum Index Federation Commander
A NEW fast paced board game of starship combat!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Painting Diary - Challenge 80

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Federation Commander Forum Index -> Other Amarillo Design Bureau Products
View previous topic :: View next topic  
terryoc
Captain

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2007 11:29 am    Post subject: Painting Diary - Challenge 80 Reply with quote

I have gotten seriously bitten by the miniatures painting bug. I've set myself a challenge for this year - collect and paint all the minis to match the counters in Klingon Border, Klingon Attack and Boosters 1-6. Thats the contents of border boxes 1 and 2, and squadrons 1-6. 80 starships. To help keep myself motivated, I'm going to post my progress here on the website, and I'll post some links to pictures too (once I get a digital camera that isn't totally rubbish). I'm going to be painting them to tabletop standard - I don't have the time or skill to do them to display standard.

Completed so far:
Squadron box 2: Klingon C8, C7, D7, D6, F5. These are in GW blue-grey, green on the radiators on the wings, and details done with Mark Tutton's Starfighterace Decals line.

I'm working on Squadron Box 1, which is the Feds. Basic painting is completed for all ships barring the DN. FF and CL basically completed, need another coat of varnish. I screwed up the decals for the CA and need to order another set of CA decals from Mark.
djdood
Commodore

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2007 8:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It will be fun to watch your progress. It might even motivate me to get mine beyond the primer stage!
terryoc
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2007 4:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Military Simulations put Squadron Box 4 on as a "crazy special", so I picked that up and that'll be the next box to get done. So that's another Federation BCJ, a Police Ship, a Kzinti New Heavy Cruiser, a Tholian Destroyer and two Free Traders/Prime Traders.

The Kzinti NCA is a two-piece mini. It looks very much like they have taken a CM or CL miniature and added a piece which is the expanded rear hull and two engines, which slots in where the third engine would normally be for a Kzinti ship. It will be a no-brainer to assemble, although there may be tiny gaps requiring a little greenstuff.

The Tholian Destroyer, Police Ship, and Free Traders are all one-piece minis and should be very easy to do. The BCJ, while two piece, is another really easy to assemble ship.

The other minis are nearly ready for the table. I just have to apply some more decals to the BCG and detail & decal the DNG.

Completed so far: 8 miniatures
Still to complete: 72 minis
markgeorgetwo
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2007 8:08 pm    Post subject: painting diary Reply with quote

Shocked how many more left to paint i still have 40 left to paint.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Federation Commander Forum Index -> Other Amarillo Design Bureau Products All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: