Federation Commander Forum Index Federation Commander
A NEW fast paced board game of starship combat!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The Ajax Expanse
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Federation Commander Forum Index -> Campaigns
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mwaschak
Lieutenant JG

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2010 8:56 pm    Post subject: Re: Follow Up Reply with quote

"Negative GCS Fireclaw, we are on strick orders to avoid all contact with vessels outside this convoy. This includes you and any other interlopers who wish to approach. This expedition is too important to risk more exposure to pirates. At 0400 yesterday we caught another spy from the Wingnuts Cartel."

The comm hissed quiet again. Their initial Gorn scans were still incomplete and time to intercept was approaching fast.

"You may shadow us, but do not approach. Over."

--------
We may continue the discussion of course, but I have submitted a commitment level for the other party Dale.

-Jay
Brigman
Lieutenant JG

PostPosted: Thu Nov 25, 2010 11:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Continue to intercept," the Captain of the Fireclaw said. "Raissse ssshields. If they take the firssst ssshot, I don't want usss unprepared."

Keying the channel back open, he said, "I have ordersss to approach and ssscan your vessel. We will not board you. Any actsss of aggressssion againssst thisss vesssel will be returned harshly, however."

He cut the channel.

"Ssscan them asss ssssoon asss we're in range," he ordered. "And tell the frigate to ssstay in clossse. I don't want her getting in there ahead of usss and making a target of herssself."
mwaschak
Lieutenant JG

PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2010 4:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Tellarite captain threw his private communication system on the console before him. He quickly zipped his boots, and with a short jog was back on the command deck of the freighter.

His first stop was the auto-guidance system where he freed manuevers and energy control to ready the ship for manual control again. He barked several orders to his crew members.

"Alert the others. The warships are not breaking off."

Taking a seat next to his navigator, he pulled up a tactical display with the two warships closing fast.

The navigator spoke, "The cargo bay reports that the materials are secure."
------

Ok, we have yet another encounter! Dale, would you like to run this or shall we use the FACSCR, or recruit some captains?

-Jay
gambler1650
Lieutenant JG

PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2010 8:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So... was it a trap? Will the GCS Fireclaw survive? Will "It'sssss a trap!" become the comely Gorn yeoman's catch phrase?

Audiences everywhere want to know!
mwaschak
Lieutenant JG

PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2010 1:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was offline with a personal issue. Ajax doesn't take much time to run so I doubt it will be affected. Dale wanted to run the battle, otherwise I can just resolve it with some friends or with the FASCR.

-Jay
mwaschak
Lieutenant JG

PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2011 1:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mwaschak wrote:
I was offline with a personal issue. Ajax doesn't take much time to run so I doubt it will be affected. Dale wanted to run the battle, otherwise I can just resolve it with some friends or with the FASCR.

-Jay

I haven't heard anything yet, so I will probably go ahead and finish this one myself.

-Jay
mwaschak
Lieutenant JG

PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2011 1:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, I had a chance to get the game to the table and it went a lot faster than I thought.

In summary
-------------
The Gorn ships approached cautiously. After reaching engagement range
with the convoy, they detect two Klingon frigates at extreme range.
Ignoring the convoy for the moment, the Gorn ships break off to
approach the two Klingons. The captain is hailed by a very familiar
Klingon face; Commander Krege. The two captains exchange playful
bantar, and the Klingons are chased away by the Gorn. The Gorn do not
have time to return to the convoy before it moves on to its
destination.
------------

In short, the Gorns spotted a Klingon group approaching the convoy and the Gorn captain couldn't resist embarassing his old friend Krege again. Once the warships went off to dance, the convoy picked up the pace and ran for the planets in 13, 05.

Some fire was exchanged, but nothing conclusive before the Klingons retire. But, tension increases again!
mwaschak
Lieutenant JG

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2011 2:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Next campaign turn coming soon!

What were those freighters carrying? What were Klingons doing there? Accident, or elaborate Klingon plan?
gambler1650
Lieutenant JG

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2011 4:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"It will all end in crocodile tears...", so sayeth the comely Yeoman (whose only role is apparently to make pithy comments to melodramatic music).

mwaschak wrote:
Next campaign turn coming soon!

What were those freighters carrying? What were Klingons doing there? Accident, or elaborate Klingon plan?
gambler1650
Lieutenant JG

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2011 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Update? Smile
mwaschak
Lieutenant JG

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2011 4:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

gambler1650 wrote:
Update? Smile

I am still here and working on various projects. Dale had a rough January and has informed me he should have time soon.

Although, if anyone is interested, we can start talking about the bigger game I plan to run when FA goes to print.

Thanks!
-Jay
gambler1650
Lieutenant JG

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2011 5:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm interested but most likely don't have the kind of time I'd like to devote to an online campaign... I'm an SFB player primarily, with one dedicated player near me and one other player who mainly plays at a 'reduced level of rules'. We have plans to retrofit another strategic space combat game (or two) to use SFB as the tactical game engine, but will likely jump on Federation Admiral when it comes out and move that to the head of our SFB campaign experience.

I am curious though as to the parameters of the campaign you're planning to run. Smile
terryoc
Captain

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2011 9:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Although, if anyone is interested, we can start talking about the bigger game I plan to run when FA goes to print.

Do tell! Smile
mwaschak
Lieutenant JG

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2011 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

terryoc wrote:

Do tell! Smile

Sure! I figured after the system was available I could run a nice PBEM/PBF game much like the Ajax Expansion Dale has been helping me with. Once we know who is interested we can start gauging interest in the size, scope, and scenario.

-Jay
JonPerry
Lieutenant SG

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2011 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

/raises hand
/raises a couple more hands for the other guys in his game group
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Federation Commander Forum Index -> Campaigns All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 3 of 6

Jump to: