Federation Commander Forum Index Federation Commander
A NEW fast paced board game of starship combat!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The Ajax Expanse
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Federation Commander Forum Index -> Campaigns
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Scoutdad
Commodore

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2011 4:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Since I usually end up running these types of things, I've love to actually participate in one run by someone else.

Count me in.

Tony L. Thomas
Battlegroup Murfreesboro
mwaschak
Lieutenant JG

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2011 8:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Scoutdad wrote:

Count me in.

That is a pretty solid start then. A lot of how we run this game will depend on what kind of campaign you want? Do you want to be running objectives from high command on an obscure frontier? Do you want a grand scale campaign with lots of diplomacy and galactic players? Do you want something historical, like the Kzinti front in the Four Powers War? Do you want to be on teams?

Those are just a few things to consider. All players will be welcome, but I do encourage you to play only if you are able to handle weekly or bi-weekly turns.

-Jay
Scoutdad
Commodore

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2011 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mwaschak wrote:
...what kind of campaign you want? Do you want to be running objectives from high command on an obscure frontier? Do you want a grand scale campaign with lots of diplomacy and galactic players? Do you want something historical, like the Kzinti front in the Four Powers War? Do you want to be on teams?
-Jay

I'm sure there will be as many answers to this as players... but for me, I think something historical would be great.
Maybe a small section of the 4 Powers War near the WYN Cluster? You could have a map with a "Y-shaped" front: Klingon/Kzinti/Lyran.

Lots of options that way.
Teams:
Sure. The Klingons and Lyrans are allied, but do their goals actually match? Or does one side need to use it's resources in a slightly different manner?
What if one side calls for help... who comes to aide them? Their own forces, or an allied force?

Pirates operating out of the WYN Cluster?
Mercenaries hired by one side or the other to wreck havoc behind enemy lines?

And that area is so remote (at least in that era) that you're only going to get the most general orders from High Command.
JonPerry
Lieutenant SG

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2011 2:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I'm sure there will be as many answers to this as players...

No doubt.

Not too interested in a huge F&E style of game. I'd prefer a campaign that can actually end.

From what I've read of FA, the sector commander scale sounds really interesting to me (I speak for at least one other gamer in my group on this one).

When you say process turns weekly or biweekly, you mean getting campaign orders and such in, or that we'd be expected to crank through a Fed Com battle every week?

I'm assuming that nothing actually happens until the participants get FA in their greedy little hands. Until i see what is possible, the "what do you want" question isn't easy to answer.
503 Service Unavailable

Service Unavailable

The server is temporarily unable to service your request due to maintenance downtime or capacity problems. Please try again later.