Federation Commander Forum Index Federation Commander
A NEW fast paced board game of starship combat!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

What are these service medals?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Federation Commander Forum Index -> Star Fleet Battles
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MikeBurke
Lieutenant SG

PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2010 4:14 pm    Post subject: What are these service medals? Reply with quote

What are these service medals in your signatures and how do you get those?

Mike Burke
SFB since '84
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
wedge_hammersteel
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2010 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.starfleetgames.com/federation/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=3079

http://starfleetgames.com/ArtGallery/Wall%20of%20Honor.shtml

http://www.starfleetgames.com/discus/messages/12032/25046.html?1274463410

http://starfleetgames.com/ArtGallery/Medals/Medals_Explained1.jpg
MikeBurke
Lieutenant SG

PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2010 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My name was mentioned in a captain's log does that qualify for anything? I forget which one but I was part of a playtest group in the mid-1990's. It was called "Battle Group Red Alert" Chantilly Virginia

Mike Burke
SFB since '84
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Jean
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2010 6:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mike, if you got an award and you are not listed on the Wall of Honor (we are adding the early awards as we can), then email SVC (don't use PM as it crashes his computer) with the following information: Your name, the award, and the CL that it was in. SVC will add your email to the pile and work it in.

I saw on the BBS that you were looking for players -- don't forget that our page on Facebook is another place to look. Just use the discussion topics and pick SFB.

I hope this helps. Smile
MikeBurke
Lieutenant SG

PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2010 9:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I made a page for SFB on FB which seems to have about 147 people on it

Mike Burke
SFB since '84
Jean
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2010 3:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mike, if you want to be recognized, then you will need to email SVC. Present to him your evidence.
Steve Cole
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2010 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The problem with your FB page, Mike, is multifold. Your page is pretty much pretending to be THE official page instead of just your personal fan page. You created it without checking with ADB. You illegally copied art and put there without permission. Basically, you did so many thing wrong that whatever good you did was more than cancelled out by the bad, and so there won't be any official recognition (medal, ribbon) for it. You shouldn't have done it, Mike.
MikeBurke
Lieutenant SG

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2010 8:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually I did do checking Steve and what it lead to was usually some misunderstandings. I do remember asking you about it and then you refered me to Eric Olivarez in conversation. (Eric was admin on that page) At the time it was created, there was no page at all for SFB. It was a fan page. I did not benefit from it in anyway and if there were to have been any benefit it would have been to ADB's credit not mine. It was about enthusiasm, free promotion and trying to draw out the elusive players and that's all it was meant to do. I do not sell the products, I use the products. I believe the best way to get people to use products and services is through word of mouth. Usually FB equates to word of mouth
So what I've done is pulled the page. It's gone. I would have pulled it sooner had I seen this post sooner but I saw it today and pulled it. All I can say is that I do sincerely apologize for the misunderstandings.

Mike Burke
SFB since '84
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Federation Commander Forum Index -> Star Fleet Battles All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: