Federation Commander Forum Index Federation Commander
A NEW fast paced board game of starship combat!
 
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Donjebruche Campaign: In Character
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 67, 68, 69, 70, 71  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Federation Commander Forum Index -> Prime Directive
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
paul
Lieutenant Commander


Joined: 07 Sep 2010
Posts: 345

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 11:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't forget Marcus also gained an enemy..an intergalactic cult hell bent on killing him and his new employer.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
mojo_billbo
Commander


Joined: 07 Mar 2010
Posts: 428
Location: Danville, PA

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 1:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[OOC] does that mean that marcus gets a new disadvantage? Smile I'm back, btw... [/OOC]
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
Jeffr0
Commander


Joined: 19 Jun 2009
Posts: 741

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 5:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay... sallying forth to the next altercation-- er, adventure-- uh... well... episode.

Muankaal is really keen on shoving off. You're not sure, but he sure seems to be stroking his goatee, rubbing his hands in anticipation, and whistling something that sounds like, "I'm in the money... I'm in the money... deet de da do da dee da dee da doo doooooo."

He does not appear to be interested in or impressed by your new "associate." He gives him a super-small stateroom, but otherwise ignores him.

[GM note: okay, we'll be changing scenes, but the game is wide open for a moment so that you can prep and/or investigate as you wish.]

[Also: No sign of the intergalactic cult at the moment!]
_________________
Jeffro's Space Gaming Blog
Microgames, Monster Games, and Role Playing Games
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
mojo_billbo
Commander


Joined: 07 Mar 2010
Posts: 428
Location: Danville, PA

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 7:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Being the sometimes nosy navigator, Captain Jack tries to find out "where are we going next?"
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
Jeffr0
Commander


Joined: 19 Jun 2009
Posts: 741

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mojo_billbo wrote:
Being the sometimes nosy navigator, Captain Jack tries to find out "where are we going next?"


Muankaal says, "eh-- some kind of scientific outpost. The rates for taking freight there are just astronomical-- I couldn't pass it up!"

Muankaal looks at you conspiratorially. "Say, Jack.... We'll be passing near a competitor on the way out of here. You wouldn't happen to know anything about breaking into a starship's databanks, would you...?"
_________________
Jeffro's Space Gaming Blog
Microgames, Monster Games, and Role Playing Games
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
mojo_billbo
Commander


Joined: 07 Mar 2010
Posts: 428
Location: Danville, PA

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 7:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Captain Jack gets a wicked smile and says... "Depends... Depends on how much you're willing to pay and how long I have to get in and out..."
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
Jeffr0
Commander


Joined: 19 Jun 2009
Posts: 741

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 7:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mojo_billbo wrote:
Captain Jack gets a wicked smile and says... "Depends... Depends on how much you're willing to pay and how long I have to get in and out..."


"If you're sure you can get navigation logs and cargo manifests going back a year or two... and not leaving any footprints, well... that's easily worth $3,000."

[That is a month's wages for a skill 12 engineer.]

"I could keep a communications channel open for maybe ten minutes. Could you do anything with that kind of a window...?"
_________________
Jeffro's Space Gaming Blog
Microgames, Monster Games, and Role Playing Games
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
mojo_billbo
Commander


Joined: 07 Mar 2010
Posts: 428
Location: Danville, PA

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 3:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Captain Jack ponders that a second... "I believe I can, let's do it!"

[OOC] Question: Klingon or Orion competitor? [/OOC]
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
Jeffr0
Commander


Joined: 19 Jun 2009
Posts: 741

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

@Skexis --

While Muankaal talks business with Captain Jack, you are invited to the cargo bay area by a Slirdarian ape-man. (It's one of the guys that hauled the crate to the Orion LR.)

@Marcus--

You presumably lay low on the ship avoiding Klingon company as much as possible. Shawn seems to be like minded and asks if you'd care to play some cards.

@Jack--

Muankaal says he'll be comming an Orion Light Raider about ten minutes after takeoff. He says he'll stall him for as long as you can... just pull back what you can without getting caught.
_________________
Jeffro's Space Gaming Blog
Microgames, Monster Games, and Role Playing Games
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
paul
Lieutenant Commander


Joined: 07 Sep 2010
Posts: 345

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 9:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Marcus will play cards with shawn.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Skexis
Lieutenant SG


Joined: 13 Sep 2010
Posts: 144

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 10:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Skexis goes to talk with the Slirdarian.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Jeffr0
Commander


Joined: 19 Jun 2009
Posts: 741

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 6:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

(The ship has basted off.)

@Marcus --

Shawn wants to play Texas Hold 'Em with a $5 ante. As you guys play... he says, "hey... you asked about Old Kings artifacts, yeah...? Well check this out...." He takes a set of five marble-like objects out of his jacket pocket. He squeezes his hand around them and then opens it back up. The "marbles" glow with a dim blue light and then float a upwards a few inches above his hand. They spin faster and faster in a sphere-like shape... and then... emit a red ray of light outward every few seconds. "We are practically sitting on the biggest amount of Old Kings artifacts in this quadrant!"

@Skexis--

The Slirdarian takes you to a subject race recreation area. It's small, but there's room for a weightlifting set, a still, a trivideo player, and an arm-wrestling table-thing. (Two Dunkars are currently going at it.) Several Slirdarians are sitting around with drinks--evidently taken from the still-- and occasionally take a pull from some sort of exotic looking hookah. One of the Slirdarian workers says, "Klvah! So good to be away from that rock. I think that place was giving me hives!"

@Jack--

Muankaal has his communications officer signal the Orion Light Raider. "Well, Captain Zorg. It's been such a pleasure doing business with you, I wanted discuss our next exchange. What's it going to be this time...? UIM modules...? Type IV Drones...? Maybe photon torpedoes?" Very subtly, Muankaal signals to you that you're clear to go.
_________________
Jeffro's Space Gaming Blog
Microgames, Monster Games, and Role Playing Games
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
paul
Lieutenant Commander


Joined: 07 Sep 2010
Posts: 345

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 10:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Marcus looks at Shawn and says,"My other employer, you know the one who owns this ship, would pay handsomely for them...or just kill you and take them from you...he is Klingon you know." Looking at his hand,"...keep them under wraps for now."
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Jeffr0
Commander


Joined: 19 Jun 2009
Posts: 741

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 1:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

paul wrote:
Marcus looks at Shawn and says,"My other employer, you know the one who owns this ship, would pay handsomely for them...or just kill you and take them from you...he is Klingon you know." Looking at his hand,"...keep them under wraps for now."


"Oh... er... okay," he says. He puts his "marbles" back into his pocket, then he shuffles the cards and deals again....

[You can gamble with him if you wish... and/or ask him questions... or try anything else you can think of]
_________________
Jeffro's Space Gaming Blog
Microgames, Monster Games, and Role Playing Games
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
paul
Lieutenant Commander


Joined: 07 Sep 2010
Posts: 345

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 12:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Marcus says,"So what is your profession exactly? And what was in the box we failed to deliver?"
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Federation Commander Forum Index -> Prime Directive All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 67, 68, 69, 70, 71  Next
Page 68 of 71

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group