Federation Commander Forum Index Federation Commander
A NEW fast paced board game of starship combat!
 
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Donjebruche Campaign: In Character
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 69, 70, 71
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Federation Commander Forum Index -> Prime Directive
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
paul
Lieutenant Commander


Joined: 07 Sep 2010
Posts: 345

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2012 9:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Marcus says,"Now what!" and dashes to see if Shawn is ok and then heads to the bridge.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Jeffr0
Commander


Joined: 19 Jun 2009
Posts: 741

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2012 12:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

paul wrote:
Marcus says,"Now what!" and dashes to see if Shawn is ok and then heads to the bridge.


[GM expedient retcon ruling: I think I originally had everyone coming out of the conference room... but this works. Shawn was in engineering. He seems okay... and Marcus heads towards the bridge now.]

Marcus approaches the lift... when... behind him in the passage a fit Klingon Warrior appears. He looks... unhinged to you. He's sweating... and his face is almost trembling with rage. He yells something at you in Klingon. It doesn't sound very nice.
_________________
Jeffro's Space Gaming Blog
Microgames, Monster Games, and Role Playing Games
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
mojo_billbo
Commander


Joined: 07 Mar 2010
Posts: 428
Location: Danville, PA

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2012 5:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jeffr0 wrote:
mojo_billbo wrote:
[OOC] is the astro-navigation station being manned? [/OOC]


[GM fiat ruling: Captain Jack has done enough hacking, that Muankaal had engineering set up a special makeshift console that has a subset of sensor and communications displays on it. The helmsman doubles as an astrogator on this ship. Captain Jack may take up sort of a modified science officer type role if he wishes. (Captain Jack suspects that the Communications officer was tired of him taking her seat.)]


Quickly, before the first anomaly hits, Captain Jack takes some quick readings, and jots down in his notebook some stars in hex 1907, their radiometric signals, their visual references, and their relative locations to each other (including angles from various points) and the few known points of interest, such as the smugglers base...

[OOC] It is not perfect, however, any data in a notebook at this point will help when we get lost in this anomaly... [/OOC]

Next, he records 4 familiar pulsars radio signatures so he could triangulate our position by that.

Captain Jack then follows up by writing down any information he can get from the closest Federation subspace beacons.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
Skexis
Lieutenant SG


Joined: 13 Sep 2010
Posts: 144

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2012 7:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Skexis can't help much with this. He braces for impact and lashes his tail nervously.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
paul
Lieutenant Commander


Joined: 07 Sep 2010
Posts: 345

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 3:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Marcus shakes his head and contuinues on toward the lift.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Jeffr0
Commander


Joined: 19 Jun 2009
Posts: 741

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 2:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

paul wrote:
Marcus shakes his head and contuinues on toward the lift.


There's been the occasional awkward moment aboard this ship, but this is not typical. The Klingon who accosted you appears to have let you go on to the bridge. As you enter... you see the shards of throbbing weirdness rumbling toward the ship.
_________________
Jeffro's Space Gaming Blog
Microgames, Monster Games, and Role Playing Games
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Jeffr0
Commander


Joined: 19 Jun 2009
Posts: 741

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 2:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mojo_billbo wrote:
Quickly, before the first anomaly hits, Captain Jack takes some quick readings, and jots down in his notebook some stars in hex 1907, their radiometric signals, their visual references, and their relative locations to each other (including angles from various points) and the few known points of interest, such as the smugglers base...


You write furiously into your notebook and take all the required readings.

[Note: to preserve suspense... no skill rolls right now-- we'll roll later in the event of y'all actually needing this data! And yeah... it sounds like multiple skill rolls are required for this....]
_________________
Jeffro's Space Gaming Blog
Microgames, Monster Games, and Role Playing Games


Last edited by Jeffr0 on Wed Oct 31, 2012 2:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Jeffr0
Commander


Joined: 19 Jun 2009
Posts: 741

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 2:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Muankaal's helmsman appears to be navigating around the shimmering glass shards that warp themselves like the aurora borealis. The ship passes extremely close to one however.... It's almost... like looking through a darkened mirror... but there's no doubt about it-- there appears to be a Federation starship inside the shard! You clearly make out the famous saucer and nacelle silhouette.
_________________
Jeffro's Space Gaming Blog
Microgames, Monster Games, and Role Playing Games
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
mojo_billbo
Commander


Joined: 07 Mar 2010
Posts: 428
Location: Danville, PA

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 7:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[OOC] How do you want to rule if Captain Jack has a panic attack? [/OOC]

"oh no!" sighs Captain Jack...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
Jeffr0
Commander


Joined: 19 Jun 2009
Posts: 741

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 9:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mojo_billbo wrote:
[OOC] How do you want to rule if Captain Jack has a panic attack? [/OOC]


Ha ha! Roll for fright check, suckas! [GM looks at dice and is disappointed. Evil or Very Mad ]

Time begins to crawl as the ship inches through the maze of... well... the crew is calling them "reality shards" for lack of a better term. It's grueling and painstaking. You start to think you're through the worst of it when one stray shard seems to tumble into your path. Muankaal barks a stream of orders and the ship seems to react in slow motion. At the last moment, the ship dips down at just the right angle.... The shard seems to tumble above you.

On the view screen you look up and see... inside the shard somehow... some kind of ship. It's not like any you've seen before. [GM Note: The style is monstrous... the ship looks like a horrible beak... a maw... with tentacle-like structures on the sides. The overall style is something like Hans Rudolf Giger's work.]
_________________
Jeffro's Space Gaming Blog
Microgames, Monster Games, and Role Playing Games
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Jeffr0
Commander


Joined: 19 Jun 2009
Posts: 741

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 2:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[This game is now paused.]
_________________
Jeffro's Space Gaming Blog
Microgames, Monster Games, and Role Playing Games
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Federation Commander Forum Index -> Prime Directive All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 69, 70, 71
Page 71 of 71

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group