Federation Commander Forum Index Federation Commander
A NEW fast paced board game of starship combat!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Are there guidelines for 1 vs 1 empires in FnE?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Federation Commander Forum Index -> Federation & Empire
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kinshi
Lieutenant JG

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2011 10:14 pm    Post subject: Are there guidelines for 1 vs 1 empires in FnE? Reply with quote

I always see FnE in the context of playing out the entire General War, but I am wondering if there are guidelines for having just two empires duke it out, (like Fed vs Romulan).

My assumption would be that the entire economy of said empires could not be devoted to the war, nor could the fleet strengths really be weakened on other borders, as such not sure how much of the empire's economy, border fleets, and mothball fleets would or should be available for a single-border conflict.

If this actually is covered in the rules or a supplement, please point me in the right direction. I have seen a bit about moving ships from one border to another ans some limits on that, but have not spotted what I am looking for beyond that.

Thanks
Scoutdad
Commodore

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2011 12:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are several "small" scenarios located in the various expansions that deal with small portions of two empires in a 1-v-1 setting.
And the larger scenarios, Winds of Fire, Hurricane, Gale Force, etc. are sectorized.

Take Winds of Fire (located in Advanced Ops, BTW), which we played at Origins this year. It's a six turn sceanrio runnig from Turn 26 to Turn 32.
Got two players, then play sector A; which covers the Hydran theater. The Alliance (Hydrans) got all their forces and income.
The Coalition Klingons/Lyrans) get only a protion of their economies, limited production of new ships, and a proportional amount of their starting forces.

Like the Romulans and the Gorn? Go with Sector F.
Are you a Kzinti fan? That's sector B.

All of the individual sector, special rules and victry conditons are laid out in the scenario. You can play as many of the sectors as you wish. Since we had 6 players at Origins, we combined Sectors A through D. This gave us the entire Hydran, Lyran, Kzinti, Klingon, and Tholian forces. The Federation were only allowed the use of half their forces, as the remainder were assumed to be aiding the Gorn nad fighting off the rabid Romulans.

I hope this info is what you're lookign for.
kinshi
Lieutenant JG

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2011 12:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thats a good start, thanks
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Federation Commander Forum Index -> Federation & Empire All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: