Federation Commander Forum Index Federation Commander
A NEW fast paced board game of starship combat!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Any tips on filling Orion WPN and DRN options for a BR?
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
HappyDaze
Lieutenant JG

PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2010 1:16 pm    Post subject: Any tips on filling Orion WPN and DRN options for a BR? Reply with quote

I'm looking at the Orions after a few recent games where their excellent Turn Modes impressed me. I'm also really in favor of their PH-1 loadouts after running Hydrans and Lyrans with PH-2s. However, I'm not entirely sure what to take in my OPT mounts.

The ship that stands out in my eyes as a great blend of maneuver, durability (for an Orion), and firepower is the Battle Raider. What are suggest OPT selections for this ship?

I'm tempted to take a PL-S on the A mount (leaving the B mount empty), but the alternative of a PL-G and a PL-F on the A and B mounts seems more useful to me.

Also, I'm not terribly fond of Drones, but I'm not sure the extra PH-1s on the wings are needed. The Drones would add another element to the ship while more PH-1s just improve what it can already do. I don't know who my opponent is likely to be and battles with 2-5 ships per side is the norm, so there could be some massing of Drones.

Lastly, is a Cloaking Device worth the cost? I know it doesn't mix well with using Drones, but otherwise?

Last edited by HappyDaze on Mon May 17, 2010 6:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
Kang
Fleet Captain

PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2010 4:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Personally, I always like a phaser-G in the mix for any Orion ship. Best in the front option mounts unless you want a 'big' S-plasma there.

Service Unavailable

The server is temporarily unable to service your request due to maintenance downtime or capacity problems. Please try again later.