Federation Commander Forum Index Federation Commander
A NEW fast paced board game of starship combat!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

is anyone still playing StarFleet Battles?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Federation Commander Forum Index -> Star Fleet Battles
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ryanhurst39
Ensign

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2021 3:51 pm    Post subject: is anyone still playing StarFleet Battles? Reply with quote

I just moved into a new house and am going through all my stuff,

I just found a box of 35 unopened Starfleet Battles miniatures and I have no idea what to do with them, does anyone have simplified rules that I could use them with? or does anyone know of a place that would be better suited?
Steve Cole
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2021 4:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, Ryan. Yes, people still play SFB. (At least we just had another tournament produce a national champion and Leanna tells me that SFB sales were higher in the fourth quarter than any quarter in the last 20 years, see, Covid isn't all bad.)

As far as the minis go, there are people who would buy them. Most are over oin the BBS not this forum http://www.starfleetgames.com/discus/ but you'll have to find the buy-sell-trade topic. (I asked someone to find it and let me know. I'll come back and post it when they do.)

The old 2200s in lead are highly prized by uber kitbashers because the later 2400 tin ones are hard to cut up and put back together. Can you tell which you have? If you can send me a photo of a package I will see about posting it when you post on the BBS.
Steve Cole
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2021 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah, yes, your second question, there IS indeed a simpler set of rules.

Federation Commander is a much streamlined version of SFB or maybe a separate game in it's own right. Go here and download the intro version

http://www.starfleetgames.com/federation/Commanders%20Circle/first-missions.shtml

That will tell you if you like it. If you do, go to Starlist and ask for players near you or check out FConline or SFBonline.
Steve Cole
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2021 6:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This link will take you to the buy-sell-trade topic.

http://www.starfleetgames.com/discus/messages/22715/86.html?1603486189
Scoutdad
Commodore

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2021 9:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Or, since you've already got the miniatures - you could take a look at the rules for:
A Call to Arms Star Fleet.
http://www.starfleetgames.com/Call-To-Arms.shtml

It's designed for fleet level battles in the SFU, in a reasonable time frame.
We regularly run a 30 versus 30 battle (including a BATS and several repair freighters) at our local convention. Even with never-before-played ship captains, we can fight the entire battle in less than six hours!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Federation Commander Forum Index -> Star Fleet Battles All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: