Federation Commander Forum Index Federation Commander
A NEW fast paced board game of starship combat!
 
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Before the Donjebruche Campaign (S.O.S.) : In Character

 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Federation Commander Forum Index -> Prime Directive
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
mojo_billbo
Commander


Joined: 07 Mar 2010
Posts: 428
Location: Danville, PA

PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2010 6:40 pm    Post subject: Before the Donjebruche Campaign (S.O.S.) : In Character Reply with quote

[OOC] Rules are identical to Jeff's Rules for the Donjebruche Campaign and you can use the same characters. Anyone else who would like to join in this brief mission is welcome. Everyone has some role as a ship hand on a Free Trader on route to Donjebruche, a very common way to get from one point to another without paying fair. [/OOC]


Weary to the bone, the ship master looks over to the communication screen. "The distress signal is new," the officer tells him. Thinking deeply, he asks, "What are the details again?"
Patiently, the officer repeats. "Less than an hour ago, we got orders from the corporate office on Deep Space K8 to find this distress signal in the area of Lemm. What makes it odd is that it's a distress signal only. It has no details about the actual event." The officer continues. "What is your
response? We really need to know."

Tired, weary, and reluctantly, the ships master agrees.
Sometimes there's just no one else qualified to pull these people out of their predicaments. "OK,"

The ships master puts a call into your team. You gather your clothes, pull on your boots, and put a call in to rest of your team. Another routine rescue somewhere near the border...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
mojo_billbo
Commander


Joined: 07 Mar 2010
Posts: 428
Location: Danville, PA

PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2010 6:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You come out of warp drive around the barren, rocky, waste-planet of Lemm. It orbits a distant star, and lacks an atmosphere. As a result, the
inhospitable grey surface boasts temperatures hundreds of degrees below zero.

You are aboard the Prime Trader "My Mary of the East."

Your sensors scan for traces of the distress signal, when suddenly, an alien contact flashes across your navigation screen.

Obvious things to do are: hail it, warp the heck out of here, or attack with initiative?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
paul
Lieutenant Commander


Joined: 07 Sep 2010
Posts: 345

PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2010 3:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Marcus says,"It's probably a trap. They lured us into an ambush!"
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
mojo_billbo
Commander


Joined: 07 Mar 2010
Posts: 428
Location: Danville, PA

PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2010 9:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That maybe be so, but you might want to decide to fire a ships phaser-2, jump on the helm and get out of there or hail the alien.

In all three cases, Roll 3d6 and let me know what you get and what action you want to take.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
paul
Lieutenant Commander


Joined: 07 Sep 2010
Posts: 345

PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2010 1:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Marcus decides to take the iniative. He hails the ship and at the same time scans for any agressive action.

He says,"This is Prime Trader "My Mary of the East" We are responding to a distress signal are you in need of assistance?"
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
mojo_billbo
Commander


Joined: 07 Mar 2010
Posts: 428
Location: Danville, PA

PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2010 2:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The voice tells you, "There has been a stricktar infestation in this sector. All travel in and out is prohibited." This seems odd to you. You've never seen this type of alien vessel before, and what the heck is a 'stricktar?'

Obvious things to try are: You can ask for more detail or attack with initiative.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
paul
Lieutenant Commander


Joined: 07 Sep 2010
Posts: 345

PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2010 4:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Marcus says,"What is your designation? Please specify exact details on "Stricktars"." Marcus will mute the comm and say "Get ready to raise shields!"
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
mojo_billbo
Commander


Joined: 07 Mar 2010
Posts: 428
Location: Danville, PA

PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2010 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"There is nothing to discuss," the strange voice crackles over the communications screen. "Prepare to be boarded."

You can allow yourself to be boarded, or you can fight.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
paul
Lieutenant Commander


Joined: 07 Sep 2010
Posts: 345

PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2010 11:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Marcus fires the Phasers. And says "Raise shields and full reverse!"
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
mojo_billbo
Commander


Joined: 07 Mar 2010
Posts: 428
Location: Danville, PA

PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2010 12:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Roll 3d6 to hit, and let me know what you got.

Roll a second 3d6 and let me know what it is (backup roll / second roll depending on what the intruder does.)
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
paul
Lieutenant Commander


Joined: 07 Sep 2010
Posts: 345

PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2010 2:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Marcus fires

1) to hit roll for phasers 13 or less 2) secondary roll for? (3d6=5, 3d6=11) Hit by 8
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
mojo_billbo
Commander


Joined: 07 Mar 2010
Posts: 428
Location: Danville, PA

PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2010 3:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alien rolls a natural 18.
{UGH!}

{GM re-roll: 17! double UGH! Critical Failure all the way around...}

The alien ship takes a once in a lifetime hit, and with some secondary explosions from critical failure in the alien craft's weapon systems.

You have disabled the vessel, you can board, if you want.

Decide your boarding party and the equipment they carry. Otherwise, you can destroy her where she hangs, or leave the wreckage to drift for
eternity.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
paul
Lieutenant Commander


Joined: 07 Sep 2010
Posts: 345

PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2010 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I assuem we are putting this on hold since Jeff is back.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
mojo_billbo
Commander


Joined: 07 Mar 2010
Posts: 428
Location: Danville, PA

PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2010 8:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah, that's my plan, put this on hold since Jeff is back.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Federation Commander Forum Index -> Prime Directive All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group