Federation Commander Forum Index Federation Commander
A NEW fast paced board game of starship combat!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Tell us about your e23 purchases
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Federation Commander Forum Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jean
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2011 11:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm just glad it was a false alarm! If it had been missing, that would have been an issue.
OGOPTIMUS
Captain

PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2011 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I brought this up earlier, and it's a VERY low-priority thing, but the back cover is (obviously) still the old one (RRB5). So there is the one place that displays a list that does not include the fact that the rules from W&P are included. However, I realize that there is likely still a decent stock of RRB5 covers printed, so new ones will not be done until those run out (since there is NO point in throwing away good money when those covers are still useful).

Still loving the rulebook!

Newest Page | Newer Page | OLD Page
Jean
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2011 11:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guys, thanks for rating our products! We are up to 32 that have at least five people who rated tham.
Davyj0427
Ensign

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2011 6:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just bought a couple ship packs the FED 1 and Orion 1
both have been rated

I like that they have a scenario with them I actually bought the Orion one because of the scenario. Can't wait to try it out
pinbot
Lieutenant JG

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2011 10:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've picked up Frax 1 and 3, Klingon 1, and Hydran 1.

The ships look great except for one rather substantial annoyance. The way they are positioned on the pages (bottom left) means that duplex printing requires taking screenshots and putting together new pages. Drag!

So I hesitate when it comes to rating because they are not very well set up for their only purpose.

Ideally I'd like to see them sideways 2 per page so that when you print 2 pages duplex you end up one cut away from 2 proper ship cards ready to laminate.

At the very least, they should be centered on the page so that the only hassle is extra cropping after printing.

That gripe aside, I do think this is a great way to get ship cards out.
Blammo
Lieutenant SG

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2011 11:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I forgot to post this, but I picked up RRB6. Great to have it on PDF because I can put it on my lap top and take it where ever I go. It allows me to keyword search which speed things up when trying to find a specific rule, etc. It also allowed me to print out my own hard copy so when I am not hanging out next to the computer I can look through it.

Thanks for making this available!
Steve Cole
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2011 3:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Baffled. I went and checked, and the ship packs mentioned all have the ship in the upper left, not bottom left, of the page area. The only thing in the bottom left is the revision date and copyright notice, wh ich aren't needed. The PDFs play off just swell on my computer, as is.
pinbot
Lieutenant JG

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2011 3:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Steve Cole wrote:
Baffled. I went and checked, and the ship packs mentioned all have the ship in the upper left, not bottom left, of the page area. The only thing in the bottom left is the revision date and copyright notice, wh ich aren't needed. The PDFs play off just swell on my computer, as is.

Oh quite right, sorry. I must have looked at the E5, forgetting it's from the Circle. Yes the e23's are in the top left--but it's the same effect. As laid out, the one on the front side doesn't line up with the one on the back side, so you can't crop it down to ship card size.
JimDauphinais
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2011 11:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Please recognize this is only an issue if you desire to print them duplex or two per page. Currently, when printed with no page scaling, the e23 ship pack ships (and Commuique ships) print perfectly fine at the correct size one per page.

It would be problematic to put two on the same side as they would either have to be scaled down in size (like in Briefing #2), not print properly (cut off due to ink jet printer limitations) or have to be print "shrunk to fit print area" (which will make them the wrong size). Scaling up the Briefing #2 e23 ships to get them to print the normal 5.5 x 8.5 size was a real pain. I'd really hate to have to deal with that with other e23 downloads.

St. Louis Area Fed Comm Group: http://games.groups.yahoo.com/group/STL_Federation_Commander/
Steve Cole
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2011 2:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't want to re-upload any of the ones there just for that, but perhaps I can arrange to have them line up later. Just personally, I'd print them on separate paper and put the two sheets into the laminator together. Thicker that way.
Sneaky Scot
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2011 12:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bought RRB6 on PDF this week and rated it. Really like the idea of updates coming in so I won't need the faithful highlighter pen and smallest nib pen I can find to fit in the amendments.

Ah yes, I recall fond nights in my youth updating my SFB rulebook with the latest errata...

I really needed to get out more! Rolling Eyes
egarvue
Ensign

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2011 5:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Played my second game of FC since I bought the set on a whim years ago; we had so much fun I went out and bought the updated rulebook from e23; rated it 5 stars. Smooth purchase from e23, and I love the portability of PDF. Thanks!
Jean
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2011 5:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks! and we're glad you are enjoying the game!
Subfuture
Ensign

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2011 12:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have had good luck printing 1 side of the ship on card stock and the other on sticker paper, they are easy to join up and have a nice thickness when laminated.
egarvue
Ensign

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2011 5:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Introduced my weekly roleplaying group to FC - they loved it. Bought the Fed, Klingon & Kzinti ship packs on e23, rated 'em 5 stars. Will end up buying all the packs as I pick up Romulan Border, Distant Kingdoms, etc.

I like the updated ships I got in the Fed and Kzinti packs, the new Klingons were interesting too (would like to see the updates for the original ones from my Klingon Border box as well).

I got SFB Deluxe as my very first wargame for my 13th birthday back in 1981; while I loved the game and played it for years, I hated the ever growing rules insanity until I lost interest. Federation Commander has brought back all the fun of original SFB for me. Keep up the good work!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Federation Commander Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 5 of 7

Jump to: