Federation Commander Forum Index Federation Commander
A NEW fast paced board game of starship combat!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

MERRY CHRISTMAS!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Federation Commander Forum Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pinecone
Fleet Captain

PostPosted: Sat Dec 25, 2010 2:17 pm    Post subject: MERRY CHRISTMAS! Reply with quote

Hi guys! I know I've gone dark for a little while, but I'm back now and would like to wish everyone a merry christmas. And to celebrate, I'm gonna put up a silly scenario I made about a year ago but never sent in.

(8PT1) SANTA’S SLEIGH
The rarest (and friendliest) space monster is Santa Claus. He comes out on Christmas and delivers toys to all the good children in the galaxy. However, some races dislike Santa. The Klingons dislike him because they were put on the naughty list. When they heard that the Orions were going to take some of the toys from Santa for themselves, the Klingons made a deal for a joint attack against Santa. However, as the ships approached Santa, Santa’s magic shrunk them down to Fleet Scale sizes!

(8PT1a) NUMBER OF PLAYERS
Two: The Naughty player and they Santa player. You could have one player controlling the Orions and one controlling the Klingons (the prime trader is Orion).

(8PT1b) INITIAL SETUP
Map: Set up the map with 2 panels high and 6 panels long with small scale hexes (if you don’t have enough you can float the map, only then). The Map is fixed and does not float.
Santa: Put Santa’s Sleigh on the left side of the map in the middle of the edge.
Naughty: Put a Klingon D7C on the bottom right hand corner. Put an Orion CR and Prime Trader in the upper right hand corner.

(8PT1c) OBJECTIVE
Mission-Santa: Get to the other edge of the board with as little damaged cargo as possible. You have toys to give to the good Federation Kids!
Mission-Naughty: Capture the Sleigh with as much undamaged cargo as possible, or failing that, destroy the jolly old man.
Time Limit: The scenario ends when Santa has disengaged or been destroyed or captured.
Victory: Use the Point Value Victory System (8B2) to determine the winner but the person in possession of the sleigh at the end of the scenario gets 1 extra point for each undamaged cargo box (repaired boxes have no cargo).

(8PT1d) SPECIAL RULES
1. Santa’s Elf Marines get -1 in combat because they are under trained for battle.
2. The Orion CR has a cloaking device, but Rudolf’s nose “voids” it until Rudolf is destroyed (the 3 Center Warp).
3. The Naughty player has all Fleet Scale ships (Santa is Squadron Scale).
4. Once per turn, Santa’s magic gives his sleigh one extra point of power.
5. Santa can start with the photons in any part of the loading process, and still have full batteries.

(8PT1e) FORCE DYNAMICS
Use an Orion CA in place of the D7C, or a D6 or D5 in place of the CR. You could use just the Prime Trader in squadron scale. You could add federation ships to Santa’s force and improve the other fleet (Federation ships would still be squadron scale). Add Romulans to the Naughty Fleet. The possibilities are endless.

(8PT1d) DESIGNER’S NOTES
By Pinecone. A fun and silly scenario.

Merry Christmas!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Federation Commander Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: