Federation Commander Forum Index Federation Commander
A NEW fast paced board game of starship combat!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Reliable decal sellers

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Federation Commander Forum Index -> Miniatures
View previous topic :: View next topic  
irashaine1972
Ensign

PostPosted: Sat Dec 25, 2010 1:30 am    Post subject: Reliable decal sellers Reply with quote

Where is the best place to get decals? I noticed there are a couple of providers listed in the miniatures section of the FC site. Is any the best/fastest at getting decals to you? Are there others not listed?

Just curious.

thanks
marcus_aurelius
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Sat Dec 25, 2010 5:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I order and use decals from both http://www.starfighter-decals.com & http://www.pomroyproductions.com.

I have had good service from both. Take a look through their products, they both have a lot of product options.

Starfighter Decals sells some very nice Federation decals in the SFD-01 set and the associated Federation names/numbers decal sets.
I have also been happy with my Kzinti, Klingon and Lyran decals from them, especially the Kzinti.

Pomroy Productions produces Mirror Universe Terran Empire ship names and numbers that I really, really like. I have also been very happy with my WYN decals from Pomroy Productions too.

For examples of the Kzinti, Klingon, Lyran and WYN decals, look at my work in the appropriate Painting Examples threads (Note: The window decals on the Lyran and WYN ships were homemade with the help of my wife and not bought.)

Here is an example of the Terran Empire decals augmented with SFD-01 decals (the photo is a bit out of focus):

Last edited by marcus_aurelius on Sat Dec 25, 2010 10:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
bluebirds38
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Sat Dec 25, 2010 9:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i have great service from promry productions.
Scoutdad
Commodore

PostPosted: Sat Dec 25, 2010 10:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've gotten several sets of Fed declas from Starfighter Ace (although, I only use the hull numbers / names and paint the rest of the details myself). I've gotten good service and the decals work quitewell.

I've also joined in with a friend or two to split the effort required to make our own custom decals. The decison proces to what goes on is a joint decision, the graphic artist makes the decals, the guy with the access to the high-end laser printer prints out copies fopr everyone, etc.
irashaine1972
Ensign

PostPosted: Sat Dec 25, 2010 11:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bluebirds38 wrote:
i have great service from promry productions.

Cool. These are the ones I am most interested in.
Steve Cole
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Dec 26, 2010 4:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Marcus: better, larger, clearer photos of those ships might do well in the mini of the month nominationsl topic.
marcus_aurelius
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2010 4:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SVC: Thanks!
I will check with my official photographer (wife) and ask her to take some better pictures than I took (this picture was one of mine) and post them on the mini of the month topic.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Federation Commander Forum Index -> Miniatures All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: