Federation Commander Forum Index Federation Commander
A NEW fast paced board game of starship combat!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

2nd FCOL Tournament:Information, Announcements and Deadlines
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 12, 13, 14  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Federation Commander Forum Index -> FC & SFB Online!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mojo_billbo
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2011 2:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Uh, oh...

Guess who is coming to dinner?
VulcanDropout
Lieutenant JG

PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2011 3:41 am    Post subject: Rom vs Frax Reply with quote

Our tourney game will be held 3 CST (1 PST) on Friday.
JimDauphinais
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2011 4:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My game with Drew Klenotic (My Gorns vs his Feds) is scheduled for 7:30 PM CST tomorrow evening (Wednesday).

Note there are still some issues popping up here and there with the FC Online client. Most are related to particular ships cards that were not well checked when they were first added to FC Online. I'm sorry this is the case, but it is what it is at this point and we will need to just be patient with the client. Note that this issue is still a lot better than it was back a few months ago. As Garrett has suggested several times, please try test out your ships before you play your match so that you are not surprised in the middle of it and are aware of the work arounds you may need to apply.

So, don't trust the client completely and keep on an eye on it when using it to make sure it is correctly reflecting energy usage and damage. Use Adjust Energy, Edit Ship Damage and other manual adjustments to correct things as necessary.

It would be great if someone could volunteer be collector of issues who can filter, consolidate and forward them off to Paul Franz. In some cases, what appears to be an issue may simply be that you are unaware of how some aspect of the client works.

Thanks,

Jim

St. Louis Area Fed Comm Group: http://games.groups.yahoo.com/group/STL_Federation_Commander/
gar1138
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2011 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm happy to be a collector of issues, if folks want to send them to me (I have already been reporting issues to Paul Franz). Or perhaps a better idea is to start a thread were folks could post issues they find and others could comment about work-arounds, if they have been previously reported, etc. That way, everyone will know what the current issues are.

Garrett
gar1138
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2011 7:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just created an FCOL Bugs/Issues thread. I would encourage others to post any additional major issues they find so we can all be aware of them, suggest work-arounds, provide more info, and also not duplicate any work. Thanks,

Garrett
ericphillips
Commander

Location: Los Angeles, CA, USA, Sol, Gould Belt, Orion Arm, Milky Way Galaxy, Local Group, Universe Beta

PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2011 6:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wrtoe VulcanDropout yesterday that I need to reschedule our match that is supposed to go on Friday to another day. Standing by for a reply.

Sorry folks.
gar1138
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2011 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My game with Archer is tentatively scheduled for Saturday, the 26th. More info to come as it gets closer.

Garrett
gar1138
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2011 5:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

New Library Update

The FCOL library has received a big update. Many new ships added and existing ships fixed (a number of the fixed ships are in this tourney). Please be sure to update the library before your next Tourney game.

To update the FCOL Library: From the main client window select Tools --> Library and be sure the FC tab is selected. Click on Update List, then Yes to check for updates (it will go through and check for any needed library updates). Once it is done checking, click Download (it will download any needed library updates). Finally, click Close and you are good to go.

Thanks,

Garrett
JimDauphinais
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2011 4:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It would be great if someone from the Doyle vs Storeylf and Krellex vs Brazouck matches could check in. I just want to make sure you guys have been able to connect with each other up in order to develop a plan to complete your respective matches. I have heard from everyone else.

March 10th will be here very quickly.

Thanks,

Jim

St. Louis Area Fed Comm Group: http://games.groups.yahoo.com/group/STL_Federation_Commander/
Krellex
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2011 5:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brazouck and I are scheduled to start today at about 1pm MST.
Fleet Captain

PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2011 7:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was due to get slaughtered by Doyle in the early hours of this morning gone (my time), that got postponed due to family commitments (didn't tell family I will be up till god knows what time, so I got lumbered wth an early morning job when I was assuming I'd be in bed recovering).

Have rearranged the time.

Naturally I went for the early morning schedule so that I can claim Patrick Doyle had the edge in being wide awake, whilst I wasn't Smile
Krellex
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2011 8:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brazouck and I got through turn 1. We closed, and I dinged his CA's #1 shield for 4 damage after reinforcement. Launched a salvo of drones at his frigate, which is turning away to run the drones out. Will continue Monday at the same time. 1pm MST.
Lieutenant JG

PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2011 5:23 am    Post subject: Our game Reply with quote

Sorry,

I thought I IM'd a response, but am still getting used to the way that windows 7 does things. Hoping we can play tomorrow. 3pst or later. (I think 1cst = 3 pst)
storeylf
Fleet Captain

PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2011 6:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Me and Doyle match is over - I conceded.

Naturally my defeat had nothing to do with taking on one of the best players, and every thing to do with having been up right through the early hours (2:00am to 6:30 am) Laughing
mojo_billbo
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2011 1:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jiraiya1969 and I got through two turns last night, and we're planning on continuing on Monday evening.

basically, I waltzed in with overloaded torpedoes, and smacked his D5 pretty hard, however, the Tokyo, my NCC, took serious damage while I was close, and trying to get out of range again. Looking over my card, I still have power and 3 torpedo launchers left on the Tokyo. So, more to follow on Monday.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Federation Commander Forum Index -> FC & SFB Online! All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 12, 13, 14  Next
Page 5 of 14

Jump to: