Federation Commander Forum Index Federation Commander
A NEW fast paced board game of starship combat!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Good 3 Player Scenarios

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Federation Commander Forum Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Marcg
Ensign

PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2011 1:34 pm    Post subject: Good 3 Player Scenarios Reply with quote

My friends and I are fairly new to the game. Can someone please suggest a good 3 player scenario.

Thanks
Marcg
Ensign

PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2011 7:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hydran Attack has the North Wind scenario, but it's a bit big to have 5-6 ships per player. I suppose we can cut it down to 3-4 per players, but in general scenarios appear to have either 1-2 ships per player or 5+. I'd like to see or make more medium scenarios, especially for 3 players.

Suggestions?
SeanDavis
Ensign

PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2011 7:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are you looking for three players, every man for himself, or would two-on-one be an option? When I was running demoes at a local game store, I found Battle Station assaults to be a good way to set up good games, in which we had up to five people playing. It was just divided into defense and offense sides.

There's also the "Complicated Encounter" scenario in War and Peace; Vudar, Hydran, and Klingon.
Mike
Fleet Captain

PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2011 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You didn't say what products you have, but there is a scenario in every Communique that goes out around the 10th of each month. There have been 62 Communique issues and they are all free. You'll find them at Commander's Circle.

Another resource at Commander's Circle is the database file of all published scenarios in every product and also in the Communiques. It can be found at:
http://www.starfleetgames.com/federation/Commanders%20Circle/databasescenarios.shtml.

One of my favorite 3-player scenarios is "Out of the Frying Pan, Into the Fire" that was in Briefing #1. Two other good ones are "Combat Rally" and "Demolition Derby", both in Briefing #1.

Hope this helps.

Another good one (IMHO) is "Orion Tractor Pull". I know it has been submitted, but I do not believe it has been published yet.

=====
Sandpaper gets the job done, but makes for a lot of friction.
Marcg
Ensign

PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2011 7:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the quick replies guys! Between my friends and I we have every set and about 50% of the boosters.

I don't care for free for alls because it seems they always end up in the first guy shooting is disadvantaged and the 3rd guy waits till the other two are hit then he goes in for the kill. Two on one where points are equal works ok. We will check out. The scenarios you listed b
Kang
Fleet Captain

PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2011 9:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've submitted quite a few 3-player scenarios (having noticed the dearth myself), but for whatever reason they have not seen the light of publicity yet.
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2011 2:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is a 3-player scenario in Briefing #1 called "out of the Frying Pan" that has a Fed POL chasing a Kzinti FF, the Kzinti chasing an Orion LR and the Orion LR trying to destroy the Fed POL. That works pretty well as a 3-way that isn't quite a free for all, but I'd recommend changing the Fed ship to a FF or it isn't particularly well-balanced. From the same product there is"who is the mutineer?" but I haven't tried that one out.
OGOPTIMUS
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2011 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's Refiner's Fire which was in Communique #7, and then also in Briefing #1. It's two-sided, with Feds and Gorns against Klingons and Romulans, but there are different victory conditions for each of the four empires, if they are played by different players.

I keep coming back to this one, I guess I just like it.

Newest Page | Newer Page | OLD Page
JimDauphinais
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2011 7:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Note there are some issues with Refiner's Fire.

http://www.starfleetgames.com/federation/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?p=33706#33706

Also, be aware the Briefing #1 version messed up how the location map works. Commuique #7 provides the coirrect information in that regard.

St. Louis Area Fed Comm Group: http://games.groups.yahoo.com/group/STL_Federation_Commander/
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Federation Commander Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: