Federation Commander Forum Index Federation Commander
A NEW fast paced board game of starship combat!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Cloaked Ships and Fractions?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Federation Commander Forum Index -> Rules Questions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
malleman
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2010 6:47 am    Post subject: Cloaked Ships and Fractions? Reply with quote

Okay, I am sure that this has been hashed out before and I missed it, but do you combine weapons fired in the same impulse and treat it as a single volley, or do you reduce each weapon's damage individually by 50% and round down?
Kang
Fleet Captain

PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2010 7:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's the latter - each individual weapon's damage is halved. That said, all the (reduced) damage is still combined into a single volley for other purposes like which shield was hit, reinforcement etc.
Commodore

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2010 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kang is correct.

Federation Commander Answer Guy
storeylf
Fleet Captain

PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2011 8:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What about Ph-Gs.

I know I asked about PPDs once, and they add up all their pulses and then halve. But Ph-G is a bit different. It does not have to fire all pulses together, and it is described as being 4 Ph-3 shots.

So is a Ph-G halved per ph-3 shot, or do you tot up all the shots you fire at the same time and then halve?
Kang
Fleet Captain

PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2011 8:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've always understood a P-G as being a rapid-fire P-3, firing four separate shots. Therefore, to my mind, each shot will be reduced individually.

If we'd been able to fire a P-G as a sort of 'super' P-3, one short range carronade-style shot with quadruple the power but still as a single shot then I would have said yes, tot up all the shots then halve - but it isn't. It's four separate shots as you said, therefore halve them individually.
Fleet Captain

PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2011 8:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aye -- but a PPD fires 4 individual pulses that in SFB do not even hit at the same time, but you still treat it all as the 'wepaon' add and then halve them. The PH-G is the 'weapon' it would appear on the face of it to be add and then half. Thats how I've done it in the past.

That would be the most consistent way of doing it, rather than introducing exceptions to what 'weapon' means.

Not that I'm bothered, I'd just like it clarified, as I was just checking through the latest online tourney entries and thought about the romulan I might be taking on with my hydrans.
Kang
Fleet Captain

PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2011 8:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah, I see. Good points there. I knew you understood the rules, but was just putting in my interpretation on that particular point Smile
Fleet Captain

PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2011 10:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Of course, Even if you do treat all shots as being the same weapon it is still pretty ineffective - +4 range and half means you need at least 2 rolls of 1-2 at point blank range to score a single point. However, doing it as half each shot means it is not possible to score damage at all. But sometimes that chance of a single damage point is what you are after.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Federation Commander Forum Index -> Rules Questions All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: