Federation Commander Forum Index Federation Commander
A NEW fast paced board game of starship combat!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Captain's Log as PDFs
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Federation Commander Forum Index -> Captain's Log
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jean
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2012 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The free CL#45 Supplemental File is now on e23.

For those of you who like to keep your e-files all in one spot, this should help.

http://e23.sjgames.com/item.html?id=ADB5745-S
Jean
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 1:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Captain's Log #25 has been released on e23. I love the cover story. Which part is your favorite?

http://e23.sjgames.com/item.html?id=ADB5725

Captain's Log #25 contains the following:

Fiction: Return of the Hood, First Encounter with the Andros, Class History of Hydran Pegasus, Blue Fleet Intel Report.
Commo: Tournaments, Future, After Action, questions, Why, Lyran County Symbols, Proposals, Lighter Side.
Scenarios: six new ones.
Ships: 4 variants of the Pegasus, 6 division control ships, 4 heavy Tholians, two others.
Database: Battle group, Anarchist, development of Klingon fighters, Example of PFs, Hydrans for SFBF, Fed member species.
Venues: Warlord, Conquest, SFC, SFBOL, PBEM.
Tactics: Victory at Origins Patrol, Souldra Tactics, Term papers.
F&E: Rules & rulings, Operation Ill Wind, ISC for F&E, tactics.
Jean
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Captain's Log #26 is out on e23!

http://e23.sjgames.com/item.html?id=ADB5726

The latest in the series is the best yet. Two exciting fiction stories (Romulans and Gorns battle over the Kishawk and its load of politicians; a lone Federation dreadnought protects the vital logistics convoy from a Klingon squadron), a class history of all nineteen Kzinti strike carriers, and a detailed diagram of Klingon phaser controls.

The usual features include tournament reports, Command the Future, After Action, Ten Questions, Input Guide, Why?, Miniatures, Admiral Growler, new scenarios, Star Fleet Warlord, Star Fleet Command, SFB On-Line, Galactic Conquest, Play-by-Email, and more.

New ships include the Federation GVX, heavy fighter pod, and scout pod; the Klingon heavy fighter resupply pod, PF transport pod, a medium hangar pod; the Kzinti CDX, scout pod, heavy fighter resupply pod, and PF transport pod; the Gorn scout pod, heavy fighter resupply pod, and PF transport pod; the Tholian heavy fighter resupply pack; the Hydran Boar Hunter commando DW, advanced fighter resupply ship, heavy fighter resupply pallet, and PT transport pallet; Lyran scout pod, heavy fighter resupply pod and pallet, PF transport pod and pallet.

Battle Group 900 focuses on a published scenario. Anarchist covers Seltorian-vs-Tholian with four SSDs, a complete master ship chart covers all ships published in previous Captain's Logs, the Klingon Legal System is described in frightening detail.

Paul Scott writes the longest Victory at Origins article ever, and we have term papers and a Ryn tactical primer.

F&E players get Advanced Operations updates, a new scenario, a survey of other new scenarios, rules for Federation Early War, a Ship Information Table, new rules, Q&A, Rules & Rulings, and more.
Jean
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 9:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Captain's Log #27 is now available on e23!

http://e23.sjgames.com/item.html?id=ADB5727

Battle For Rimworld (Feds, Gorns, Romulans, Orions, Andros). History of the fast raiders and Splendid Cats. Map of the galaxy. Hydran weapons. Two scenarios. Building a DemonHawk, Ten questions for Paul Scott. Victory at Origins. 16 new ships (four anarchist, four Frax, four ISC 4-hulls, two Gorn BDD-Cruisers, two Fed fast raiders). Lyrans for SFBF. Deck plans for FFG and G1. Venues, reports, announcements, and plenty of F&E stuff.
Jean
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

While not Captain's Log, Stellar Shadows was a related idea. The first (and only) issue is now available on e23.

http://e23.sjgames.com/item.html?id=ADB3601

Exciting new magazine of everything that never happened in SFB but was fun so we printed it anyway. 64 pages. Heavy PFs. Fed CVA. Kzinti Long Mean Carrier. Maesron Battleship. Klingon D17. Lyran QuadCat. Andorian Early DN. Olivette Roche unveils a ship that can copy your weapons. Mad Scientist's workshop produces warp gyroscope, black hole asteroid gun, and more. WWII bombers attack your battle station with photons. Kommander Katak gains promotion through assassination. New species: the Peladine.
David
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 5:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jean wrote:
Captain's Log #27 is now available on e23!

http://e23.sjgames.com/item.html?id=ADB5727

Battle For Rimworld (Feds, Gorns, Romulans, Orions, Andros). History of the fast raiders and Splendid Cats. Map of the galaxy. Hydran weapons. Two scenarios. Building a DemonHawk, Ten questions for Paul Scott. Victory at Origins. 16 new ships (four anarchist, four Frax, four ISC 4-hulls, two Gorn BDD-Cruisers, two Fed fast raiders). Lyrans for SFBF. Deck plans for FFG and G1. Venues, reports, announcements, and plenty of F&E stuff.

Just starting getting into the e23 offerings Jean, great stuff!

Bought the Galactic Smorgaborg, the Andromedan Threat File, one of the supplements and two of the CL's including #27.

I'll be looking at e23 quite a bit more since it gives you the items right then and there. Takes up less shelf space as well Very Happy
David
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 2:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jean wrote:
Captain's Log #25 has been released on e23. I love the cover story. Which part is your favorite?

http://e23.sjgames.com/item.html?id=ADB5725

Captain's Log #25 contains the following:

Fiction: Return of the Hood, First Encounter with the Andros, Class History of Hydran Pegasus, Blue Fleet Intel Report.
Commo: Tournaments, Future, After Action, questions, Why, Lyran County Symbols, Proposals, Lighter Side.
Scenarios: six new ones.
Ships: 4 variants of the Pegasus, 6 division control ships, 4 heavy Tholians, two others.
Database: Battle group, Anarchist, development of Klingon fighters, Example of PFs, Hydrans for SFBF, Fed member species.
Venues: Warlord, Conquest, SFC, SFBOL, PBEM.
Tactics: Victory at Origins Patrol, Souldra Tactics, Term papers.
F&E: Rules & rulings, Operation Ill Wind, ISC for F&E, tactics.

I'm actually rereading this one at the moment. The 'Hood' story is great. Its nice when the little strands talked about here and there get fleshed out.
David
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 2:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jean wrote:
While not Captain's Log, Stellar Shadows was a related idea. The first (and only) issue is now available on e23.

http://e23.sjgames.com/item.html?id=ADB3601

Exciting new magazine of everything that never happened in SFB but was fun so we printed it anyway. 64 pages. Heavy PFs. Fed CVA. Kzinti Long Mean Carrier. Maesron Battleship. Klingon D17. Lyran QuadCat. Andorian Early DN. Olivette Roche unveils a ship that can copy your weapons. Mad Scientist's workshop produces warp gyroscope, black hole asteroid gun, and more. WWII bombers attack your battle station with photons. Kommander Katak gains promotion through assassination. New species: the Peladine.

Had to get this on e23 as well. Excellent!

Question: I see e23 is up to #27 on the CL's. How high up will it go? I know ADB is busy working on new material, how long does it take to convert this older CL's for e23? I mostly have hard copies of CL except for the three I've purchased on e23. But now I know about it, my plan is to fill in the gaps with the e-CL's just to save the space.
Steve Cole
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 10:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am really not sure where we are. I once told Leanna to upload SSJ1 between CL27 and CL28 since CL28 is the same thing as SSJ2.

I would suppose in the fullness of time we'll reach a point of uploading Caplogs to e23 shortly after, and eventually a month before, the hard copies go out, but I think that is two or three or four years away.

We did one CL per month during 2012 but the plan was to "slow down" after we passed CL30 and do one every three months, or maybe two or four. I am not sure what Petrick's computer crash did to us, but I seem to have CL28 on my computer (CL27 and earlier were on his).
David
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 11:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you and I appreciate the effort put into e23. I need 28, 29, 34 and 40 and up so I'll be looking for them as they become available. Very Happy

And like I mentioned in the other thread, sorry to hear about SPP's computer crash. I hope it wasn't serious and everything can be retrieved.
Steve Cole
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 4:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am not sure of the schedule, but assuming that 28, 29, and 30 are done in the first quarter, 31, 32, 33 in the rest of 2013, while hard copies are CL47 and CL48.

2014 would see ebooks for 34-35-36-37 and hard copies of 49-50.

Do the math. We won't catch up for six years, assuming that we maintain that pace rather than speeding it up or slowing it down.
David
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 2:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Certainly gives me something to which I look forward. Very Happy

I'll be checking here and e23 regularly to see what has been added.
Gimp
Lieutenant JG

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 4:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I bought CL 1 when it first came out, and we loved the Juggernaut story and scenario. It's probably the most played published scenario we've used through the years.
Jean
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

New on e23: Captain's Log #46 Supplemental File. If you are wondering if you would enjoy Captain's Log #46, try this free walk-through of the issue.

http://e23.sjgames.com/item.html?id=ADB5746-S

Publisher's Notes, Editor's Notes, Proofreader's Notes, rejected tactical papers (and why they did not get published), After Action reports (CL45), and The Magnificent Seven (how ADB came to release seven products on the same day).
Jean
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2013 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Captain's Log #28 is on e23! (I think it was a stealth release while I was traveling!)

http://e23.sjgames.com/item.html?id=ADB5728

A special Stellar Shadows issue filled with things that can't happen but now you can enjoy them. Fiction (Klingons raid the lair of the Tholian Battleship; Star Fleet learns about unintended consequences; history of Fed DDs part 4); a scenario (Kzintikaze); fifty new ships: Paravians, Fed multi-engine refits, Klingon BC8, gunfighter frigates, Romulan heavy assault cruisers, Gorn base buster and destroyer-dreadnought, Tholian battleship; Hydran galleon; Lyran emergency conversions; WYN captured ships from several races (Tholian, Romulan, Gorn, Hydran, Seltorian, even Andromedan!), Seltorian penal ship. New rules and weapons: plasmatron, plasmas you can launch when cloaked, faster plasma, dial a torpedo; the Lyran fighter torpedo that was never fielded; Gorn waterdog modular bomber, fighter armor, warp gearshift. F&E: new rules, complete data for new ships, data from SSJ1; Cloudburst scenario. No limit Klingon Hold'em. The tribble launcher.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Federation Commander Forum Index -> Captain's Log All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 4 of 9

Jump to: