Federation Commander Forum Index Federation Commander
A NEW fast paced board game of starship combat!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Omega Conversion Project (version 2)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Federation Commander Forum Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Garydee
Lieutenant JG

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2015 11:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nerroth wrote:
In light of the discussion over in the Early Years thread, I figured I might as well try and draw up a list of 40 ships which, with things in SFB currently as they are, could go into a first Omega module.

(I say "could", but of course there is a fair distance between doing up a list and seeing if it would be worth producing.)

-----

Civilian (4)
Large Freighter - B3
Small Freighter - M
Passenger Liner - B3
Express Boat - B3

Maesron (Cool
Dreadnought - M
Heavy Cruiser - M
Bombardment Cruiser - B1
Light Cruiser - B1
Destroyer - M
Missile Scout - B1
Frigate - M
Vulpa Blockade Runner - B3

Trobrin (7)
Deep Space Dreadnought - M
Command Cruiser - B2
Heavy Cruiser - M
Frigate Leader - B2
Frigate - M
Bolt Frigate - B2
Frigate Scout - B2

Probr (6)
Dreadnought - M
Heavy Cruiser - M
Accentuation Cruiser - B2
Destroyer - M
Frigate - B2
Scout - B2

Iridani (7)
Brigantine - M
Galleon - M
Clipper - B3
Barque - B3
Caravel - M
Yawl - M
Caravel Scout (module variant) - B3

FRA (Cool
Dreadnought - B1
Battlecruiser - B1
Armoured Cruiser - M
Light Cruiser - M
Destroyer - B1
Frigate - M
Raider Cruiser - M
Frigate Scout - B1

Total = 40.

-----

That would give all five fleets a broad array of ships from their current range in SFB; and offer a scout (either frigate- or destroyer-sized) for each to get by with.

The civilian ships (from CL20) are different enough from Alpha Octant types to be worth showing; and should make convoy raids a challenge for a rival (or Andromedan) attacker to try and work over. I don't know if they could be combined onto the same Ship Card or not; so I listed them separately just in case.

(I would have liked to add the Man-O-War for the Iridani; but, as a battleship, it would need a double-sized card. Not that I would complain were one to be added, mind you.)

For the main+booster divide, I've marked the various ships appropriately; with "M" for the main module, and "B1", "B2" and "B3" for various boosters (one for the FRA and Maesrons, a second for the Trobrin and Probr, and a third for the closest thing we have to Omega "cops and robbers" at present).

Any closer to this ever being released? I just bought the Omega playtest pack and I gotta say I love this setting. I realize a print version might not be feasible but a PDF might.
Nerroth
Fleet Captain

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2015 4:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I forgot that this thread was still open. (I had set up a new Omega discussion thread over here, though it has been kind of quiet...)

Bruce did a fine job in crafting this galactic octant, I agree. But while I'd have to defer to ADB in terms of when, or if, the next phase of the FC Omega project is taken (or what shape such a step might take), any feedback you might have on how version 3 of the file is shaping up would be most appreciated.

(And at the risk of playing the Tholian game of "let's you and him fight", any playtest reports would be most welcome also.)
mjwest
Commodore

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2015 10:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MOD: Locked by request to push comments to new thread.

Federation Commander Answer Guy
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Federation Commander Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: