Federation Commander Forum Index Federation Commander
A NEW fast paced board game of starship combat!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Old Player Learning Again

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Federation Commander Forum Index -> Star Fleet Battles
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kryptonboy
Ensign

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2011 4:30 am    Post subject: Old Player Learning Again Reply with quote

Hi everyone. I'm rediscovering the game after having stopped about 20 years ago and am trying to play catch up. This will be very basic, but:

Damage Control: the rules talk about how it takes 2 units of power to fix a shield square. What about all the other systems on the ship? Is it a uniform cost for Phasers, bridges, hulls, etc?

Does everyone play the "continuous Damage Repair rules?" these days. I really have a blank spot about how it works.

Thanks for any help!

Dave Rossi
mjwest
Commodore

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2011 5:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Short form ...

There are two primary ways to repair systems in SFB: Continuous Damage Repair (D9.7) and Emergency Damage Repair (D14.0). The first requires no power; you just allocate the repair points and things get fixed. The second does take power. Both have severe limits on how much can eventually be repaired. Generally continuous damage repair is used in preference to EDR, at least until the total allowed boxes are fixed.

I could explain them more, but really, they are fairly clear once you know where they are.

Federation Commander Answer Guy
see
Ensign

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2011 5:27 pm    Post subject: Re: Old Player Learning Again Reply with quote

Kryptonboy wrote:
Damage Control: the rules talk about how it takes 2 units of power to fix a shield square. What about all the other systems on the ship? Is it a uniform cost for Phasers, bridges, hulls, etc?

Here, I'll ramble a bit longer than Mr. West. There are five different types of repairs that can be used during a scenario:

1) Shield repair (D9.2). Only affects shields, can (eventually) fix any number of shield boxes, costs 2 points of power per shield box.

2) Continuous Damage Repair (D9.7). Can affect any system, can only repair as many boxes in a scenario as the ship's original maximum damage control rating, costs no power. Produces a number of "repair points" each turn equal to ship's current damage control rating; number of repair points to fix a given system are given in Annex #9.

3) Emergency Damage Repair (D14.0). Affects many systems, but not the damage control track, excess damage, or shields. Destroys a box on the damage control track, costs power, uses labs, requires a die roll instead of using repair points. Cannot be used on the same turn as (D9.7) or (G17.0)

4) Deck Crew Repairs (J4.818). Deck crews can repair damaged shuttlecraft. If the ship's SSD doesn't mention deck crews, it has two (J4.814). Each deck crew action repairs one point of damage to the shuttle.

5) Repair Systems (G17.0). Repairs with these can only be performed by ships with "repair" boxes on the SSD, and are generally used to repair other ships docked to the repair ship. Costs one power per "repair" box, generates one "repair point" per repair box. Number of repair points to fix a given system are given in Annex #9; this cost is quadrupled if the ship is trying to repair itself.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Federation Commander Forum Index -> Star Fleet Battles All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: