Federation Commander Forum Index Federation Commander
A NEW fast paced board game of starship combat!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Damage allocation

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Federation Commander Forum Index -> Rules Questions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
computerarif
Ensign

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2011 5:49 am    Post subject: Damage allocation Reply with quote

When taking damage to internal components, the damage charts says "phasers" that's phasers 1/2/3/G your choice? And "torpedoes" are all heavy weapons i.e disruptors?
duxvolantis
Lieutenant SG

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2011 6:48 am    Post subject: Re: Damage allocation Reply with quote

computerarif wrote:
When taking damage to internal components, the damage charts says "phasers" that's phasers 1/2/3/G your choice? And "torpedoes" are all heavy weapons i.e disruptors?

Yes, any phaser you want.

Torpedo hits destroy: Photons, Disruptors, Ion cannons, Particle cannons, Fusion beams, Plasma torpedos (all types) & Tractor Repulsors.

Drone hits destroy: Drones, Hellbores, PPDs, ESGs, Web Casters, Shield Cracker/Web Breakers & ADDs.

(to find this out for yourself look at the ship card rule for each system: 4?1a)

A good rule of thumb is that a 'torp' hit destroys the primary armament of that race and a 'drone' hit destroys the secondary/special weapon/system of the race. Example: Lyrans have disruptors and ESGs which is why ESG's are "drones".
Capt Jack
Lieutenant SG

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2011 4:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am currently flying 2 Orion ships they have 2drone racks and a hellbore each. If one ship take a drone hit then, the ship has 1drone rack and one hellbore.

On another drone hit can I frame the damage? As I only have one of each left! Confused
storeylf
Fleet Captain

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2011 5:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What is the defintion of type? I don't see how the rule book supports what you say MWest.

The rule book explicitly states 'type' is defined by the DAC entries, i.e DAC entries are types, not the individual systems. So that 'phaser' includes all types of phaser. Hellbore and drone are not DAC types, drone is the DAC type, anything hit on 'drone' counts as the drone type, so you have to be down to your last thing that can be hit on 'drone', it would therefore seem the rulebook is saying that in Jacks case you would have to lose 1 of them before being able to frame the last one.
mjwest
Commodore

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2011 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, I brain farted. Sorry. I should not be posting answers on a holiday. Bad decision on my part. [Instead of fixing the old post, I just deleted it and made this new post.]

Storey is correct. The "type" refers to the DAC type. So, if you have drones and hellbores, you can't use frame damage until only one of those combined set of systems is left. So, if you have two drones and one hellbore to start, you have to get to a single drone or a single hellbore to protect it with frame damage.

Federation Commander Answer Guy
Capt Jack
Lieutenant SG

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2011 6:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I perfered your first answer! Crying or Very sad

Any how Storeylf, my messages/posts are going to start self distructing mission impossible style (if you keep reading them Evil or Very Mad Twisted Evil )
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Federation Commander Forum Index -> Rules Questions All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: