Federation Commander Forum Index Federation Commander
A NEW fast paced board game of starship combat!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

3rd FCOL Tournament Draft Rules
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Federation Commander Forum Index -> FC & SFB Online!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
The_Rock
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2011 11:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Huh. I am surprised F-torps cost a point and Photons do not. But are you sure about the D-torp thing? Maybe I am reading into it, but every Orion allowed to take 1 D-rack must take 2, so I assumed the +3 points for the "D-rack" meant for the mandatory pair.

Plasma is just so weak compared to most DF weapons, it is really amazing that they make you pay additional points for a weaker weapon (the D-rack actually makes some sense, since when you can have a D-rack it is generally in option mounts that cannot have the better weapons). Although, if a single D-rack cost +3 but a Gatt is only +2 there is still something very wrong about how they value plasma.

Anyway, regardless of the D-rack cost (3 or 6), F-torps clearly cost 1 point, so even if my reading of the d-rack cost is correct, you are still 4 points over the 2xBR, 2xDR force (though if I am right about the D-rack costing 3 for a pair, not 3 each, you could take that force and just put 2*p-1 in one DR, 1p-1, 1 gatt in the other, giving you 12 F, 4-D, which is the equivalent of 14 F-torps (plus you get the Gatt) and you are not saddled with the LR hull.
storeylf
Fleet Captain

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2011 11:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The_Rock wrote:
Maybe I am reading into it, but every Orion allowed to take 1 D-rack must take 2, so I assumed the +3 points for the "D-rack" meant for the mandatory pair.

Good point, I'd assumed the cost was per rack. Maybe you are right, sounds like a question for the rules forum.
JimDauphinais
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2011 12:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The rules are now final and posted in a new topic.

They are unchanged from the last draft.

Signups are now open and due by Friday, June 24th (two weeks from today).

Please publicize as you all see fit.

Finally, I might select the Orions. So, watch out Wink

(Seriously, as Paul hinted, the 25% oversubscription rule will kick in if too many of us believe the Orions are underpriced at 1.00 and select them).

St. Louis Area Fed Comm Group: http://games.groups.yahoo.com/group/STL_Federation_Commander/
mojo jojo
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2011 5:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

storeylf wrote:
My gut feel though is that they will suffer more than Feds as the handicap goes up.

My gut feel is actually the opposite. As points are lower, the Orion must use smaller ships to field a squadron. The smaller ships are generally where the Orion shines anyway, so it's playing to the Orion strengths (as much as losing points can anyway).
Patrick Doyle
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2011 10:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing

I think I have a solution... we simply outlaw any force that Paul dreams up... he truly has a gift in the force selection department... Laughing

Patrick Doyle
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2011 11:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing

I think I have a solution... we simply outlaw any force that Paul dreams up... he truly has a gift in the force selection department... Laughing

Krellex
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2011 3:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aside from being a really good player.
Shocked
Fleet Captain

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2011 12:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I'm struggling to motivate myself to play anything that might win, so looking at the squadrons that are for pure amusment value only I think I have one that should be good for a laugh.

Frax: CWD, DWD, DWD, FF. 18 drone racks and 42 total drone control (unless FCOL is wrong - I don't have the actual ship cards myself). Drone heaven, but utterly useless and probably destined for 4 lost games no matter how hard it tries. I think I'm sold. Cool
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Federation Commander Forum Index -> FC & SFB Online! All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: