Federation Commander Forum Index Federation Commander
A NEW fast paced board game of starship combat!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

3rd FCOL Tournament Poll #4: FRAX Axion Torpedoes

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Federation Commander Forum Index -> FC & SFB Online!
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Shall we allow non-Submarine FRAX ships with Axion torpedoes to selected?
Yes
40%
 40%  [ 4 ]
No
60%
 60%  [ 6 ]
Total Votes : 10

JimDauphinais
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2011 11:19 pm    Post subject: 3rd FCOL Tournament Poll #4: FRAX Axion Torpedoes Reply with quote

FRAX Axion Torpedoes have recently been added to the client.

St. Louis Area Fed Comm Group: http://games.groups.yahoo.com/group/STL_Federation_Commander/
gar1138
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2011 11:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

On a related note, there is currently a bug in the FCOL client that prevents the Axion Torpedo from completing the 2-turn arming cycle. However, Paul Franz has reported that the bug is already fixed and will be included in the next FCOL client update. Yay!

While we're on the topic, how about allowing the Frax subs themselves (in a *very* limited quantity)? Twisted Evil

Garrett
ericphillips
Commander

Location: Los Angeles, CA, USA, Sol, Gould Belt, Orion Arm, Milky Way Galaxy, Local Group, Universe Beta

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2011 11:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes to subs. Yes to Axions.
The_Rock
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2011 12:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No to both because for some reason I just don't like simulator races (even though all these races are, in fact, simulator races). I have no idea what a submarine or axion torp are, but I guess i'll read about them if they get added Smile
pinecone
Fleet Captain

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2011 1:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I say yes to subs, if the Frax get a 1.05 Point penalty. To be honest though, I don't really think there has to be a limit on subs. With limited Cloak, a fleet of subs would only be a problem for so long. But one alongside some Drone ships is deadly Twisted Evil
JimDauphinais
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2011 1:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am sorry to say I need to vote no. The rules for Axion Torpedoes and Submarines are only available via Captain's Log and e23. I had forgotten that when I setup this poll. There is no issue with regular FRAX, only FRAX subs and FRAX ships armed with Axion torpedoes.

Considering I am already requiring the use of Sixth Edition rules (effectively requiring some to purchase them), I am now very reluctant to allow Axions and subs unless their is a strong majority in favor of it (2/3 majority or better).

Sorry Eric. You'll need to start some lobbying for votes.

St. Louis Area Fed Comm Group: http://games.groups.yahoo.com/group/STL_Federation_Commander/
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Federation Commander Forum Index -> FC & SFB Online! All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: