Federation Commander Forum Index Federation Commander
A NEW fast paced board game of starship combat!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

3rd FCOL Tournament:Information, Announcements and Deadlines
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Federation Commander Forum Index -> FC & SFB Online!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JimDauphinais
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2011 5:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been bogged down with a lot of business travel, but will be back on Wednesday. I will post the final tournament results shortly thereafter.

St. Louis Area Fed Comm Group: http://games.groups.yahoo.com/group/STL_Federation_Commander/
JimDauphinais
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2011 12:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am going to call the Krellex vs Mojo_Billbo and Pinecone vs Jiraiya1969 matches as draws unless I hear something ASAP to the contrary. I apologize if I missed any e-mails regarding those two matches.

St. Louis Area Fed Comm Group: http://games.groups.yahoo.com/group/STL_Federation_Commander/
mojo_billbo
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2011 4:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JimDauphinais wrote:
I am going to call the Krellex vs Mojo_Billbo and Pinecone vs Jiraiya1969 matches as draws unless I hear something ASAP to the contrary. I apologize if I missed any e-mails regarding those two matches.

Nope, call ours a Draw... (Krellex vs Mojo_Billbo).
sorry we forgot to email you. It got kinda hectic...
JimDauphinais
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2011 3:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Code:
3rd FC Online Tournament

Final Results of Round 4

Match     Player 1                            Player 2                           Won             Lost

4-1   Patrick Doyle      (Lyran)     vs      The_Rock       (Tholian)         The_Rock     Patrick Doyle
 4-2       Archer        (Tholian)    vs   VulcanDropout     (Hydran)           Archer      VulcanDropout
 4-3     orgyockbo       (Hydran)     vs      gar1138        (Klingon)        orgyockbo        gar1138
 4-4   JimDauphinais      (Orion)     vs      Brazouck        (Gorn)           Brazouck     JimDauphinais
 4-5    Jiraiya1969      (Klingon)    vs      pinecone     (Federation)          Draw            Draw
 4-6      krellex        (Romulan)    vs    Mojo_Billbo    (Federation)          Draw            Draw

JimDauphinais
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2011 4:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The 3rd FC Online Tournament has been completed!

The final player rankings for the tournament are as follows:

Code:
Final Rank     FC Forum Handle     First Name Last Name     Empire      Points    Tie Breaker Points

1             The_Rock        Paul       Scott         Tholian        8              16
     2          Patrick Doyle      Patrick    Doyle          Lyran         6              21
     3              Archer         Brandon    Archibald     Tholian        6              19
     4            orgyockbo        Rikk       Mascia        Hydran         6              13
     5             Brazouck        Antoine    Sauliere       Gorn          5              16
     6          VulcanDropout      Phil       Moore         Hydran         4              16
     7          JimDauphinais      Jim        Dauphinais     Orion         4              11
     8             gar1138         Garrett    Turner        Klingon        3              23
     9           Jiraiya1969       Denson     Conn          Klingon        3              14
    10             krellex         Fred       Kreller       Romulan        3               9
    11             pinecone        N/A        N/A         Federation       2              14
    12           ericphillips      Eric       Phillips      Klingon        2              12
    13           Mojo_Billbo       Bill       Barnes      Federation       1              18
    14        Chandler Archibald   Chandler   Archibald   Federation       0               0

The final empire rankings were as follows:

Code:
  Final Rank     Empire          Average Points         Avg. Tie Brkr Pnts.

1          Tholian              7.00                     17.50
      2           Lyran               6.00                     21.00
      3           Gorn                5.00                     16.00
      4          Hydran               5.00                     14.50
      5           Orion               4.00                     11.00
      6          Romulan              3.00                      9.00
      7          Klingon              2.67                     16.33
      8        Federation             1.00                     10.67

I thank everyone for their great sportsmanship and Garrett for his assistance in running the tournament.

It was pleasure to conduct this tournament.

Thanks,

Jim

storeylf
Fleet Captain

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2011 9:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't suppose you could put up how many games each player actually played, or how many games were actually played by each empire (which is more what I'm intersted in)- there seemed to be quite a few drop outs/assume draws/byes or whatever this tourney.
JimDauphinais
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2011 1:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unfortunately, it would take quite a bit of digging to figure that out.

I attribute the dropout factor to a combination of loss of novelty and a number of folks gettting real busy this autumn (e.g., pinecone, Eric, Garrett). It even took Paul and Patrick an unusually long amount of time to get their match done.

storeylf
Fleet Captain

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2011 10:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

People drop out or can't play for whatever reason, that's life.

I was more interested in which empires scores were affected by such factors.

I'll be intrigued by what further points adjustment you put in. Feds have been pretty consistently poor performing in each online tourney so far, yet the top 2 or 3 players could probably dominate with them. Will you adjust them based on the results of the majority or based on a fear of the top players taking them.

Kzinti have yet to be picked in either of the last 2 tourneys so presumably you will drop them a category.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Federation Commander Forum Index -> FC & SFB Online! All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12
Page 12 of 12

Jump to: