Federation Commander Forum Index Federation Commander
A NEW fast paced board game of starship combat!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

3rd FCOL Tournament:Information, Announcements and Deadlines
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 10, 11, 12  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Federation Commander Forum Index -> FC & SFB Online!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
storeylf
Fleet Captain

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2011 3:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

9:30pm my time is generally good weekdays or weekends, I can play tonight or any night over the next week except Monday or next Friday as far as I know.

If you want to test out Vudar or Selts then I'm happy to give you a game, just let me know which of those days suits you. I will play any one you'd like a practise against.
mojo_billbo
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2011 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pinecone wrote:
mojo_billbo wrote:
Am I the only one who pick the Federation this time?

Not anymore my federation brother! Twisted Evil

Is your squad from the 3rd fleet? Mine is a squad of newer ships added to the rebuilt 6th fleet (NCC and two NCLs)...
gar1138
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2011 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just to be clear, the Vudar Ion Cannon and IPG (as well as the ISC PPD) are not implemented in the FCOL client yet. While I am not any kind of an authority on the workings or schedule of the FCOL client, I have not heard of anything that would lead me to think those systems will be implemented anytime soon (at least, not before the tourney is scheduled to start).

Note that having a system box for the Ion Cannon, IPG, and PPD for creating a ship definition is not the same thing as having those weapon systems implemented in the FCOL client itself.

Garrett
JimDauphinais
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2011 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Signups to date (4/24/2011 AM):

Mojo_billbo (Federation)
Pinecone (Federation)
gar1138 (Klingon)
ericphillips (Klingon)
Jiraiya1969 (Klingon)
archer (Orion Pirates)
JimDauphinais (Orion Pirates)
The_Rock (Orion Pirates)
Patrick Doyle (Orion Priates)
Krellex (Romulans)
Brazouck (Gorns)
orgyockbo (Hydrans)
VulcanDropout (Vudar/Seltorian)

The deadline for signups is this Friday the 24th. Initial empire selection is due by that date as well.

I will also allow late signups through Monday the 27th. However, late signups will not cause the point value multipliers for players that signed up on time to rise. If such late signups cause oversubscription, only the folks that signup late will be subject to the higher point value multipliers.

We are currently oversubscribed by one players for the Orions. We'll wait until the close of the 24th before raising the point value multiplier just in case we get 16 players by then and nobody else takes Orions.

However, PATRICK AND ARCHER, Please let me know ASAP whether you will be sticking with the Orions if they go to 1.05. If not, please also let me know your new empire choice. I will be sticking with the Orions at 1.05. Paul has previously indicated he will move to the Romulans with the Orions at 1.05.

Note that the Klingons now appear to be in the clear in regard to oversubscription as we now have 12 or more participants.

St. Louis Area Fed Comm Group: http://games.groups.yahoo.com/group/STL_Federation_Commander/
VulcanDropout
Lieutenant JG

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2011 7:22 pm    Post subject: I'll take Selts then Reply with quote

Yes, i doubt those problems will be fixed by July 1.

I'll put together a Selt fleet then.
VulcanDropout
Lieutenant JG

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2011 9:49 pm    Post subject: Arrggghhhh Reply with quote

Storyelf was nice enough to play against me so I could try out the selts.

Whoever put together the ship definitions made a few mistakes.

The DN is supposed to have shields of 36/36/30/30/30/36 and that's what it looks like. When you allocated damage, it is actually shields of 24/32/26/20/30/46/20 (yes, 7 shields). After adjusting for the mistake and taking a ton of internals, we found that that the ship doesn't have any batteries.

(For those who aren't familiar, to make a ship def you first create a jpg and then you load the jpg into sfboline ship definition tool and tell the tool what each box on the jpg is supposed to be.)

I know my first try at making ship definitions went lousily, so I don't hold any hard feelings against whoever made the DN.

Btw, the CA has 9 shields, the last 3 are 2 points each.

All things considered, I'll choose a different race.

Thanks again Storyelf. I'm very glad you helped me found this out before we started the tourney.
pinecone
Fleet Captain

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2011 9:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mojo_billbo wrote:
pinecone wrote:
mojo_billbo wrote:
Am I the only one who pick the Federation this time?

Not anymore my federation brother! Twisted Evil

Is your squad from the 3rd fleet? Mine is a squad of newer ships added to the rebuilt 6th fleet (NCC and two NCLs)...

It's a mix. I'm using a BCF, NCL, and DDL. 10x Photons and 4x Pl-F Twisted Evil
VulcanDropout
Lieutenant JG

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2011 10:00 pm    Post subject: Make mine green Reply with quote

For my fourth choice, I'll go with the Hydrans.

I don't remember any complaints about ship defs, etc so I hope I won't have to choose another race in the next 7 hours.
storeylf
Fleet Captain

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2011 10:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For all those orions - make sure you check out the online client, just played a game online (with VulcanDropout) and spotted a couple of things that some may not be aware of (I wasn't).

If you were looking to take the BC - start rethinking as it doesn't exist at squadron scale.

If you were looking at Plasma Fs, then you will also be disappointed, it doesn't look like you can take them.

Last edited by storeylf on Fri Jun 24, 2011 10:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
storeylf
Fleet Captain

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2011 10:14 pm    Post subject: Re: Make mine green Reply with quote

VulcanDropout wrote:
For my fourth choice, I'll go with the Hydrans.

I don't remember any complaints about ship defs, etc so I hope I won't have to choose another race in the next 7 hours.

I had some issues with the ships I went for last time, but I think they were sorted out by the last game. You might want to double check the stinger boxes are marked as shuttles and not something else on whatever ships you choose.
gar1138
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2011 10:33 pm    Post subject: Re: Make mine green Reply with quote

storeylf wrote:

I had some issues with the ships I went for last time, but I think they were sorted out by the last game. You might want to double check the stinger boxes are marked as shuttles and not something else on whatever ships you choose.

Correction: The Stinger boxes should be marked as Fighter (not Shuttle). Fighter boxes can launch Stingers (not Shuttle boxes) and Fighter boxes are now correctly damaged on Shuttle hits (actually, you get to choose between the two).

To the best of my knowledge, most (if not all) of the Hyrdan ships that have Stingers are now correct (please report those that are not).

Two issues with Stingers:

1. Stingers can only be launched facing in direction D (you have to manually change their facing after launch).

2. Stingers only go speed 8 in the FCOL client (you have to remember to move them on sub-pulse 2, ignoring a warning that they aren't supposed to move, so that they go the correct speed of 16).

Thanks,

Garrett
gar1138
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2011 10:38 pm    Post subject: Re: Arrggghhhh Reply with quote

VulcanDropout wrote:
Storyelf was nice enough to play against me so I could try out the selts.

Whoever put together the ship definitions made a few mistakes.

The DN is supposed to have shields of 36/36/30/30/30/36 and that's what it looks like. When you allocated damage, it is actually shields of 24/32/26/20/30/46/20 (yes, 7 shields). After adjusting for the mistake and taking a ton of internals, we found that that the ship doesn't have any batteries.

Btw, the CA has 9 shields, the last 3 are 2 points each.

I would encourage you to report these issues to Paul Franz via the Contact Support link at: http://www.sfbonline.com/contact.jsp so that they will be on his list of things to fix.

Also, remember that you can launch the FCOL client in offline mode and test out any ships you want (without needing to have another player present). I find this mode very handy when checking out ships, etc.

Thanks,

Garrett
The_Rock
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2011 10:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For problems for ship definitions, feel free to post in the Ship definition thread and I'll fix them.

No need to re-post the Selt DN and CA, I'll fix those today.

The Orion's will have a BC if enough people sign up that I am still in Orions.

They will also have one if someone sends me a jpg of the BC. It's the scanning in of the card and PS edit that prevents me from doing it unless I, personally, need it.

Anyone who wants any def done for the tournament is welcome to send me a jgp and I'll make their ship and send it to Paul (who is really fast about getting those into the library).
JimDauphinais
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2011 11:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Paul Scott -- Thanks for all your help in cleaning up the ship definitions.

ORION PLAYERS -- We are still at only 13 players in tournament. So, I'd say the odds are very high at this point that the Orions will be going to 1.05 first thing tomorrow morning.

------------------

Signups to date (4/24/2011 PM):

Mojo_billbo (Federation)
Pinecone (Federation)
gar1138 (Klingon)
ericphillips (Klingon)
Jiraiya1969 (Klingon)
archer (Orion Pirate)
JimDauphinais (Orion Pirate)
The_Rock (Orion Pirate)
Patrick Doyle (Orion Pirate)
Krellex (Romulan)
Brazouck (Gorns)
orgyockbo (Hydran)
VulcanDropout (Hydran)

The deadline for signups is this Friday the 24th. Initial empire selection is due by that date as well.

I will also allow late signups through Monday the 27th. However, late signups will not cause the point value multipliers for players that signed up on time to rise. If such late signups cause oversubscription, only the folks that signup late will be subject to the higher point value multipliers.

We are currently oversubscribed by one players for the Orions. We'll wait until the close of the 24th before raising the point value multiplier just in case we get 16 players by then and nobody else takes Orions.

However, PATRICK AND ARCHER, Please let me know ASAP whether you will be sticking with the Orions if they go to 1.05. If not, please also let me know your new empire choice. I will be sticking with the Orions at 1.05. Paul has previously indicated he will move to the Romulans with the Orions at 1.05.

Note that the Klingons now appear to be in the clear in regard to oversubscription as we now have 12 or more participants.

St. Louis Area Fed Comm Group: http://games.groups.yahoo.com/group/STL_Federation_Commander/
JimDauphinais
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2011 12:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
It's a mix. I'm using a BCF, NCL, and DDL. 10x Photons and 4x Pl-F

Pinecone -- It's legal, but you will need to remember (and remind your opponents) that the Fed DDL does not get the Drone rack that is shown on the version of the Fed DDL that is in the FC Online Client. The version shown in the FC Online client is the old Communique version. Ship Card #917 for the Fed DDL (the official version) does not include the Drone rack, but is otherwise identical to to the old Communique version in the client (excepting point value).

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Federation Commander Forum Index -> FC & SFB Online! All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 10, 11, 12  Next
Page 3 of 12

Jump to: